Trends and Outcome of Low Birth Weight (LBW) Infants in India
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Howson CP, Kinney MV, Lawn JE. Born too soon: the global action report on preterm birth. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2012.
- United Nations Children’s Fund and World Health Organization. Low birthweight: country, regional and global estimates. New York: UNICEF; 2004.
- State of India’s newborns. Available at: http://www.healthynewbornnetwork.org/sites/default/files/resources/India-SOIN.pdf. Accessed on 3 Oct 2012.
- Todur C. Trends and correlates of low birth weights in selected states of India: an analysis of NFHS data. Available at: http://paa2010.princeton.edu/papers/100756. Accessed on 3 Oct 2012.
- Mumbare SS, Maindarkar G, Darade R, Yenge S, Tolani MK, Patole K. Maternal risk factors associated with term low birth weight neonates: a matched-pair case control study. Indian Pediatr. 2012;49:25–8. CrossRef
- Tagare A, Chaudhari S, Kadam S, Vaidya U, Pandit A, Sayyad MG. Mortality and morbidity in Extremely Low Birth Weight (ELBW) infants in a neonatal intensive care unit. Indian J Pediatr. 2012. doi:10.1007/s12098-012-0818-5.
- Femitha P, Bhat BV. Early neonatal outcome in late preterms. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:1019–24. CrossRef
- Vidyasagar D, Velaphi S, Bhat VB. Surfactant replacement therapy in developing countries. Neonatology. 2011;99:355–66. CrossRef
- Yadav S, Thukral A, Jeevasankar M, et al. Bubble vs conventional continuous positive airway pressure for prevention of extubation failure in preterm very low birth weight infants: a pilot study. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:1163–8. CrossRef
- Thomas CW, Meinzen-Derr J, Hoath SB, Narendran V. Neurodevelopmental outcomes of extremely low birth weight infants ventilated with continuous positive airway pressure vs. mechanical ventilation. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:218–23. CrossRef
- Sharma M, Sohi I. Linear and skull growth in extremely low birth weight babies with rickets of prematurity. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:655–8. CrossRef
- Nesargi SV, Bhat SR, Rao PNS, Iyengar A. Hypercalcemia in extremely low birth weight neonates. Indian J Pediatr. 2012;79:124–6. CrossRef
- Chaudhari S, Otiv M, Hoge M, Pandit A, Mote A. Growth and sexual maturation of low birth weight infants at early adolescence. Indian Pediatr. 2008;45:191–8.
- Chaudhari S, Otiv M, Khairnar B, Pandit A, Hoge M, Sayyad M. Pune low birth weight study, growth from birth to adulthood. Indian Pediatr. 2012;49:727–32. CrossRef
- Sharma PK, Jeeva Sankar M, Sapra S, et al. Growth and neurosensory outcomes of preterm very low birth weight infants at 18 months of corrected age. Indian J Pediatr. 2011;78:1485–90. CrossRef
- Jain V, Singhal A. Catch up growth in low birth weight infants: striking a healthy balance. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2012;13:141–7. CrossRef
- Trends and Outcome of Low Birth Weight (LBW) Infants in India
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 80, Issue 1 , pp 60-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links