Update on Imminent Vaccines: Report of the APPA VU 2010: II
- Sunil Karande
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Asia Pacific Pediatric Association Vaccinology Update 2010 (APPA VU 2010) was held in Mumbai on November 13–14, 2010. This second part of the conference report discusses the interesting information about vaccines which are expected in the near future, namely, live-attenuated Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine, tetravalent dengue virus vaccine, conjugate typhoid vaccine and conjugate meningococcal A vaccine.
- Fischer M, Lindsey N, Staples JE, Hills S. Japanese encephalitis vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010;59:1–27.
- Kabilan L, Vrati S, Ramesh S, et al. Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) is an important cause of encephalitis among children in Cuddalore district, Tamil Nadu, India. J Clin Virol. 2004;31:153–9. CrossRef
- Mudur G. Japanese encephalitis outbreak kills 1300 children in India. BMJ. 2005;331:1288. CrossRef
- Saxena SK, Mishra N, Saxena R, Singh M, Mathur A. Trend of Japanese encephalitis in North India: evidence from thirty-eight acute encephalitis cases and appraisal of niceties. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2009;3:517–30.
- Chokephaibulkit K, Sirivichayakul C, Thisyakorn U, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of a single administration of live- attenuated Japanese encephalitis vaccine in previously primed 2- to 5-year-olds and naive 12- to 24-month-olds: Multicenter randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29:1111–7. CrossRef
- Touch S, Suraratdecha C, Samnang C, et al. A cost- effectiveness analysis of Japanese encephalitis vaccine in Cambodia. Vaccine. 2010;28:4593–9. CrossRef
- Edelman R. Dengue vaccines approach the finish line. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;45:S56–60. CrossRef
- Webster DP, Farrar J, Rowland-Jones S. Progress towards a dengue vaccine. Lancet Infect Dis. 2009;9:678–87. CrossRef
- Garg P, Nagpal J, Khairnar P, Seneviratne SL. Economic burden of dengue infectionsin India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2008;102:570–7. CrossRef
- Guy B, Saville M, Lang J. Development of Sanofi Pasteur tetravalent dengue vaccine. Hum Vaccin. 2010;16:6 [Epub ahead of print].
- Crump JA, Luby SP, Mintz ED. The global burden of typhoid fever. Bull World Health Organ. 2004;82:346–53.
- Guzman CA, Borsutzky S, Griot-Wenk M, et al. Vaccines against typhoid fever. Vaccine. 2006;24:3804–11. CrossRef
- Fraser A, Paul M, Goldberg E, Acosta CJ, Leibovici L. Typhoid fever vaccines: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Vaccine. 2007;25:7848–57. CrossRef
- Lin FY, Ho VA, Khiem HB, et al. The efficacy of a Salmonella typhi Vi conjugate vaccine in two-to-five-year-old children. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:1263–9. CrossRef
- Mai NL, Phan VB, Vo AH, et al. Persistent efficacy of Vi conjugate vaccine against typhoid fever in young children. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:1390–1. CrossRef
- Parry CM, Hien TT, Dougan G, White NJ, Farrar JJ. Typhoid fever. N Engl J Med. 2002;347:1770–82. CrossRef
- Podda A, Saul AJ, Arora R, et al. Conjugate vaccines for enteric fever: proceedings of a meeting organized in New Delhi, India in 2009. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2010;4:404–11.
- Danzig L. Meningococcal vaccines. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004;23:S285–92. CrossRef
- Offit PA, Peter G. Meningococcal conjugate vaccine in the UK: An update. Lancet. 2004;364:309–10. CrossRef
- Bortolussi R, Salvadori M. A new meningococcal conjugate vaccine: what should physicians know and do? Paediatr Child Health. 2009;14:515–20.
- Pace D. Quadrivalent meningococcal ACYW-135 glycoconjugate vaccine for broader protection from infancy. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2009;8:529–42. CrossRef
- Sinclair D, Preziosi MP, Jacob John T, Greenwood B. The epidemiology of meningococcal disease in India. Trop Med Int Health. 2010;15:1421–35. CrossRef
- Mayor S. New meningococcal A vaccine is being introduced into Africa. BMJ. 2010;341:c6736. CrossRef
- Update on Imminent Vaccines: Report of the APPA VU 2010: II
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 78, Issue 8 , pp 993-995
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Conference report
- Dengue fever
- Japanese encephalitis
- Meningococcal disease
- Typhoid fever
- Industry Sectors
- Sunil Karande (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Pediatrics, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College & King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, 400012, India