Changes in the management of tuberculosis
- Yeshwant Amdekar
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
There has been significant change in management of tuberculosis ever since pre-chemotherapeutic era to the present day RNTCP protocol based on specific disease catrogies. This has been based on knowledge of rational use of anti-TB drugs. DOTS has added new dimensions to TB control program. Public-private partership will foster the way ahead for better outcome, only if every physician follows management protocol.
- Gothi GD. Natural history of tuberculosis. Indian J Tuberc 1977; 25: 1–13.
- Sikand BK, Pamra SP. Domiciliary treatment - Results of antibiotic therapy. Proceedings of the Thirteenth TB Workers Conference. TB Association of India Trivandrum 1956; 179–213
- Aneja KS. Chemotherapy in National Tuberculosis Programme. NTI NL 1982; 19: 58–70.
- IAP working group Treatment of childhood tuberculosis: consensus statement of IAP working group Indian Pediatrics December 1997; vol 34: 1093–97.
- Kabra SK, Lodha R, Seth V. Category based treatment of tuberculosis in children. Indian Pediatr 2005; 41: 299.
- Prahlad K. Journey of tuberculosis control movement in India: national tuberculosis control program to revised national tuberculosis control program. Indian J Tuberc 2005: S2: 63–71.
- Kelkar-Khambate A, Klelmann K, Pawar S, Porter J, Inamdar V, Datye A et al. India’s Revised National Tuberculosis Contorl Program: looking beyond detection and cure Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2008; 12: 87–92.
- Sen TK, Das DK, Saha S. Persistence of gaps in implementation of revised national tuberculosis control program in an area of West Bengal. Indian J of Public Health 2007; 51: 246–248.
- Chauhan LS. RNTCP 2007; looking ahead to future challenges. J Indian Med Assoc 2007; 105: 192,194, 196.
- Greaves F, Ouyang H, Pefole M, MacCarthy S, Caslin RA. Compliance with DOTS diagnosis and treatment. Recommendations by private practitioners in Kerala, India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2007; 11: 110–112.
- Changes in the management of tuberculosis
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 76, Issue 7 , pp 739-742
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Rational anti-TB therapy
- RNTCP protocol
- Industry Sectors
- Yeshwant Amdekar (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. 151, Tushar, 1st Floor, 14 Road, Chamber, Mumbai, 400071, India