Infliximab treatment in refractory Kawasaki syndrome
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Kawasaki syndrome is one of the commonest vasculitides in pediatric age group with devastating consequences if not treated early. Intravenous Gammaglobulin leads to rapid amelioration of clinical symptoms and significantly decreases the risk of development of coronary artery aneurysms. Occasionally, Kawasaki disease may be resistant to I/V IgG. We present our experience with one such patient who ultimately respondend to infliximab therapy.
- Taubert KA, Rowley AH, Shulman ST. Nationwide survey of Kawasaki disease acute rheumatic fever. J Pediatr 1991; 119: 279–282. CrossRef
- Yanagawa H Yashiro M, Nakamura Y, Kawasaki T, Kato H. Results of 12 nationwide epidemiological incidente surveys of Kawasaki disease in Japan. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1995; 149: 779–783.
- Jane WN, Masto T, Michael AG. Pediatrics 2004; 114: 1708–1733. CrossRef
- Jane CB, Wildert HM, Sarmishta BH. Infliximab treatment for refractory Kawasaki syndrome. J Pediatr 2005; 146: 662–667. CrossRef
- Sridhar MR, Himanshu G, Deepa A, Rakesh L, Kabra SK. Kawasaki Disease: Are we missing the Diagnosis? Indian J Pediatr 2005; 72: 873–875. CrossRef
- Jane CB, Chisato S. Gentic Variations in the Receptor-Lignad Pair CCR5 and CCL3L1 are important determinants of susceptibility to Kawasaki Disease. J Infect Disease 2005; 192: 344–349. CrossRef
- Donald YML, Ramzi SC. Endothelial Cell Activation and High Interleukin-1 Secretion in the pathogenesis of acute Kawasaki disease. The Lancet 1989; 2: 1298–1301.
- Newburger JW, Sleeper LA, McCrindle BW, Randomized trial of pulsed corticosteroid therapy for primary treatment of Kawasaki Disease. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 663–675; doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa061235. CrossRef
- Wong M, Silverman ED, Fish EN. Evidence for RANTES, monocyte chemotactic protein-1, and macrophage inflammatory protein-1 beta expression in Kawasaki disease. J Rheumatol. 1997; 24: 1179–1185.
- Gupta MM, Rao PS. Current prespectivas in Kawasaki disease. Indian JPediatr 2005; 72: 621–629. CrossRef
- Infliximab treatment in refractory Kawasaki syndrome
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 75, Issue 5 , pp 521-522
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Coronary artery aneurysm
- Intravenous Gammaglobulin
- Resistant Kawasaki syndrome
- Industry Sectors