Challenges in the quest for clean energies
- Sheela K. Ramasesha
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Wind energy, like solar energy, is a renewable form of energy that can be used to generate electricity using wind turbines. There are different kinds of wind turbines and a detailed discussion of each of these is given in the article. A brief introduction to the wind energy usage in India is also given.
- Carriveau, R eds. (2011) Chapter 2 in Fundamental and Advanced Topics in Wind Power. InTech, Publisher
- Adams, D, White, J, Rumsey, M, Farrar, C (2011) Structural health monitoring of wind turbines: method and application to a HAWT. Wind Energ. 14: pp. 603-623 CrossRef
- Grujicic, M, Arakere, G, Pandurangan, B, Sellappan, V, Vallejo, A, Ozen, M (2010) Multidisciplinary Design Optimization for Glass-Fiber Epoxy-Matrix Composite 5 MW Horizontal-Axis Wind-Turbine Blades. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 19: pp. 1116-1127 CrossRef
- Pawlak, M, Jureczko, M, Czapla, T (2011) Modeling The Structural Dynamics Of Chosen Components Of The Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine. Journal of KONES Power train and Transport 18: pp. 349-354
- Chinchilla, R, Guccione, S, Tillman, J (2011) Wind Power Technologies: A Need for Research and Development in Improving VAWT’s Airfoil Characteristics. J. Industrial Tech. 27: pp. 1-6
- Islam, M, Ting, D S-K, Fartaj, A (2008) Aerodynamic models for Darrieus-type straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 12: pp. 1087-1109 CrossRef
- Sankar, T, Tiryakioglu, M (2008) Design and Power characterization of a novel Vertical Axis Wind Energy Conversion system (VAWECS). Wind Engineering 32: pp. 559-572 CrossRef
- Source: Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
- Source: European Wind Energy Association
- Source: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- Gipe, [ P (1995) Wind Energy Comes of Age.
- Gipe, [ P (2009) Wind Energy Basics: A Guide to Home-And Community-Scale Wind Energy Systems.
-  Wind Power Generation and Wind Turbine Design, Edited By: W TONG, WIT Press, 2010.
-  Wind Turbine Control Systems: Principles, Modelling and Gain Scheduling Design, by F D Bianchi, H De Battista and R J Mantz, Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2007.
- Challenges in the quest for clean energies
Volume 18, Issue 8 , pp 756-770
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Wind energy
- horizontal and vertical axis turbines
- Betz law
- offshore wind parks
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 560 012, India