Conservation laws, equivalence principle and forbidden radiation modes
- Cihan Saçlioğlu
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
There are standard proofs showing there can be no monopole electromagnetic radiation and no dipole gravitational radiation. We supplement these with a global topological argument for the former, and a local argument based directly on the principle of equivalence for the latter.
- L D Landau and E M Lifshitz, The classical theory of fields, Butterworth and Heinemann, Oxford, 2001.
- E Wigner, Annals of Mathematics, Vol.40, p.149, 1939. CrossRef
- T D Lee and C N Yang, Question of Parity Conservation in Weak Interactions, The Physical Review, Vol.104, Oct 1, 1956.
- C S Wu, C S, E Ambler, R W Hayward, D D Hoppes, and R P Hudson, Experimental test of parity conservation in beta decay, Physical Review, Vol.105, No,4, 1957.
- J Milnor, The American Mathematical Monthly, Vol.85, p.521, 1978. CrossRef
- C W F Everitt et al, Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.106, p.221101, 2011. CrossRef
- E Mach, The Science of Mechanics; a Critical and Historical Account of its Development, LaSalle, IL: Open Court Pub. Co.. LCCN 60010179, 1960.
- S Chandrasekhar, On the “derivation” of Einstein’s field equations, Am. J. Phys., Vol.40, p.224, 1972. CrossRef
- Conservation laws, equivalence principle and forbidden radiation modes
Volume 17, Issue 3 , pp 274-283
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- conservation laws
- equivalence principle
- Industry Sectors
- Cihan Saçlioğlu (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sabanci University, 81474, Tuzla, Istanbul, Turkey