Sundials: Ancestors of our clocks
- P. D. Anoop
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This article deals with the timekeepers of the past, the sundials. Apart from discussing the structure of a few common sundials, we point out the reasons for the variation between sundial time and the time shown by mechanical timekeepers.
- Denis Savoie, Sundials: Design, Construction and Use, Springer in association with Praxis Publishing, Chichester, UK. 2009.
- Mark R Chartrand III, Amateur Astronomy — Pocket Skyguide, Newnes Books, Middlesex, England, 1984.
- Nick Strobel, Astronomywithout a Telescope, http://www.astronomynotes.com/
- Sundials: Ancestors of our clocks
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 29-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- celestial sphere
- equation of time
- time zones
- daylight saving time
- Industry Sectors
- P. D. Anoop (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics, Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amrithapuri Campus, Clappana P O., Kollam, 690 525, Kerala, India