Renal cell carcinoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Hematological malignancies with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) are rarely seen that was reported as case series. The incidence of lymphoid malignancy with RCC is higher than expected in general population [1–3].
We present here an 82-year-old female patient with coincidence of RCC and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). The patient referred to our clinic with high lymphocyte count. On physical examination, the patient was normal with a blood pressure of 100/65 mmHg, and general condition was good. Her blood parameters were as follows: hemoglobin 11.2 g/dl, MCV 87.9 fL, leukocyte count 16.610/mkrL, lymphocyte count 10.360/mkrL, platelet count 242.000/mkrL, urea 57 mg/dl, creatinine 1.31 mg/dl, and erythrocyte sedimentation rate 39 mm/h. There was ++ erythrocytes in her urine test. Immunohistochemical examination of bone marrow was stained positively with CD5, CD20, CD23, and 80 % of the lymphoid cells. Trisomy of chromosome 12 was positive, and del 13q, 17p was negative. CLL was d
- Sargın G, Yavasoglu I, Doger FK, Kadikoylu G, Bolaman Z. A coincidence of renal cell carcinoma and hematological malignancies. Med Oncol. 2012;29:3335–8. CrossRef
- Nishikubo CY, Kunkel LA, Figlin R, Belldegrun A, Rosen P, Elashoff R, Wang H, Territo MC. An association between renal cell carcinoma and lymphoid malignancies. A case series of eight patients. Cancer. 1996;78:2421–6. CrossRef
- Shah IA, Haddad FS, Gani OS, Alfsen CC. An association between renal cell carcinoma and lymphoid malignancies: a case series of eight patients. Cancer. 1997;80:1005–7. CrossRef
- Tihan T, Filippa DA. Coexistence of renal cell carcinoma and malignant lymphoma. A causal relationship or coincidental occurrence? Cancer. 1996;77:2325–31. CrossRef
- Prosvic P, Dulícek P, Odrázka K, Navrátilová J, Morávek P, Macek P, Veselský Z. Asynchronous occurrence of three neoplastic diseases: chronic B-cell lymphatic leukemia, renal carcinoma and prostatic adenocarcinoma. Rozhl Chir. 2003;82:583–6.
- Kunthur A, Wiernik PH, Dutcher JP. Renal parenchymal tumors and lymphoma in the same patient: case series and review of the literature. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:271–80. CrossRef
- Thway K, Freeman A, Woodhouse CR, Fisher C. Epithelial-stromal tumor of seminal vesicle in a patient with chromophobe renal cell carcinoma and small lymphocytic lymphoma. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008;12:433–9. CrossRef
- Deeb R, Zhang Z, Ghanem T. Metastatic renal cell carcinoma to the parotid gland in the setting of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Case Rep Med. 2012;2012:265708. doi:10.1155/2012/265708.
- Schlegel PJ, Samlowski WE, Ward JH. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and renal cell carcinoma after treatment with high-dose intravenous bolus interleukin-2. J Immunother. 2000;23:507–8. CrossRef
- Renal cell carcinoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Online Date
- March 2013
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors