Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 03 Sep 2014
CORR Insights®: Surgery for Hip Fracture Yields Societal Benefits That Exceed the Direct Medical Costs
- Stephen L. Kates MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This CORR Insights® is a commentary on the article “Surgery for Hip Fracture Yields Societal Benefits That Exceed the Direct Medical Costs ” by Gu and colleagues available at: DOI: 10.1007/s11999-014-3820-6.
The author certifies that he, or any member of his immediate family, has no funding or commercial associations (eg, consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
All ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for authors and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research ® editors and board members are on file with the publication and can be viewed on request.
The opinions expressed are those of the writers, and do not reflect the opinion or policy of CORR ® or the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons®.
This CORR Insights® comment refers to the article available at DOI: 10.1007/s11999-014-3820-6.
This comment refers to the article available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11999-014-3820-6.
- Barrett M, Wilson E, Whalen D. 2007 HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) Comparison Report. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/methods/2010_03.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- Brauer, CA, Coca-Perraillon, M, Cutler, DM, Rosen, AB (2009) Incidence and mortality of hip fractures in the United States. JAMA. 302: pp. 1573-1579 CrossRef
- Cutler, D, Wikler, E, Basch, P (2012) Reducing administrative costs and improving the health care system. N Engl J Med. 367: pp. 1875-1878 CrossRef
- Goodman DC, Fisher ES, Chang C-H. After hospitalization: a Dartmouth Atlas report on post-acute care for Medicare beneficiaries. Available at: http://www.dartmouthatlas.org/downloads/reports/Post_discharge_events_092811.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2014.
- Patel, NK, Sarraf, KM, Joseph, S, Lee, C, Middleton, FR (2013) Implementing the National Hip Fracture database: An audit of care. Injury. 44: pp. 1934-1939 CrossRef
- CORR Insights®: Surgery for Hip Fracture Yields Societal Benefits That Exceed the Direct Medical Costs
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Volume 472, Issue 11 , pp 3547-3548
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave., Box 665, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA