Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 03 Dec 2013
CORR Insights®: Are Race and Sex Assessment Associated With the Occurrence of Atypical Femoral Fractures?
- Joseph M. Lane MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This CORR Insights® is a commentary on the article “Are Race and Sex Assessment Associated With the Occurrence of Atypical Femoral Fractures?” by Marcano and colleagues available at: DOI 10.1007/s11999-013-3352-5.
The author certifies that he, or a member of his immediate family, has no funding or commercial associations (eg, consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
All ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for authors and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research ® editors and board members are on file with the publication and can be viewed on request.
The opinions expressed are those of the writers, and do not reflect the opinion or policy of CORR ® or the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons®.
This CORR Insights® comment refers to the article available at DOI: 10.1007/s11999-013-3352-5.
This comment refers to the article available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11999-013-3352-5.
- Dell, RM, Adams, AL, Greene, DF, Funahashi, TT, Silverman, SL, Eisemon, EO, Zhou, H, Bucrchett, RJ, Ott, SM (2012) Incidence of atypical nontraumatic diaphyseal fractures of the femur. J Bone Miner Res. 27: pp. 2544-2550 CrossRef
- Eriksen, EF, Diez-Perez, A, Boonen, S (2013) Update on long term treatment with bisphosphonates for postmenopausal osteoporosis. A systematic review. Bone. 58: pp. 125-135
- Morabia, A (1991) On the origin of Hill’s causal criteria. Epidemiology. 2: pp. 367-369 CrossRef
- Shane E, Burr D, Abrahamsen B, Adler RA, Brown TD, Cheung AM, Cosman F, Curtis JR, Dell R, Dempster DW, Ebeling PR, Einhorn TA, Genant HK, Geusens P, Klaushofer K, Lane JM, McKiernan F, McKinney R, Ng A, Nieves J, O’Keefe R, Papapoulos S, Howe TS, van der Meulen MC, Weinstein RS, Whyte MP. Atypical subtrochanteric and diaphyseal femoral fractures: Second report of a task force of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research [published online ahead of print May 28, 2013]. J Bone Miner Res. DOI: 10.1002/jbmr.1998.
- Shane, E, Burr, D, Ebeling, PR, Abrahamsen, B, Adler, RA, Brown, TD, Cheung, AM, Cosman, F, Curtis, JR, Dell, R, Dempster, D, Einhorn, TA, Genant, HK, Geusens, P, Klaushofer, K, Koval, K, Lane, JM, McKiernan, F, McKinney, R, Ng, A, Nieves, J, O’Keefe, R, Papapoulos, S, Sen, HT, Meulen, MC, Weinstein, RS, Whyte, M (2010) Atypical subtrochanteric and diaphyseal femoral fractures: report of a task force of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. J Bone Miner Res. 25: pp. 2267-2294 CrossRef
- CORR Insights®: Are Race and Sex Assessment Associated With the Occurrence of Atypical Femoral Fractures?
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Volume 472, Issue 3 , pp 1028-1029
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA