Date: 24 Oct 2013
International Consensus on Periprosthetic Joint Infection: Description of the Consensus Process
All ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for authors and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research editors and board members are on file with the publication and can be viewed on request.
- Akins, RB, Tolson, H, Cole, BR (2005) Stability of response characteristics of a Delphi panel: application of bootstrap data expansion. BMC Med Res Methodol. 5: pp. 37 CrossRef
- Allen MH, Currier GW, Carpenter D, Ross RW, Docherty JP; Expert Consensus Panel for Behavioral Emergencies 2005. The expert consensus guideline series: treatment of behavioral emergencies 2005. J Psychiatr Pract. 2005;11(suppl 1):5–108; quiz 110–112.
- Armstrong, D, Marshall, JK, Chiba, N, Enns, R, Fallone, CA, Fass, R, Hollingworth, R, Hunt, RH, Kahrilas, PJ, Mayrand, S, Moayyedi, P, Paterson, WG, Sadowski, D, Zanten, SJ (2005) Canadian Association of Gastroenterology GERD Consensus Group. Canadian consensus conference on the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults—update 2004. Can J Gastroenterol. 19: pp. 15-35
- Bartunek, JM, Murnighan, JK (1984) The nominal group technique: expanding the basic procedure and underlying assumptions. Group and Organization Studies. 9: pp. 417-432 CrossRef
- Delbecq, AL, VandeVen, AH, Gustafson, DH (1975) Group Techniques for Program Planning: A Guide to Nominal Group and Delphi Processes. Scott Foresman and Co, Glenview, IL
- Escobar, A, Quintana, JM, Aróstegui, I, Azkárate, J, Güenaga, JI, Arenaza, JC, Garai, I (2003) Development of explicit criteria for total knee replacement. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 19: pp. 57-70 CrossRef
- Fick, DM, Cooper, JW, Wade, WE, Waller, JL, Maclean, JR, Beers, MH (2003) Updating the Beers criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults: results of a US consensus panel of experts. Arch Intern Med. 163: pp. 2716-2724 CrossRef
- Fink, A, Kosecoff, J, Chassin, M, Brook, RH (1984) Consensus methods: characteristics and guidelines for use. Am J Public Health. 74: pp. 979-983 CrossRef
- Harnett, T (2011) Consensus-Oriented Decision-Making. Canada New Society Publishers, Gabriola Island, BC
- Kaner, S (2011) Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-making. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA
- Lantos, PM, Charini, WA, Medoff, G, Moro, MH, Mushatt, DM, Parsonnet, J, Sanders, JW, Baker, CJ (2010) Final report of the Lyme disease review panel of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 51: pp. 1-5 CrossRef
- Linstone, HA, Turoff, M (1975) The Delphi Method: Technique and Application. Addison-Wesley, Boston, MA
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus. Accessed September 5, 2013.
- Murphy MK, Black NA, Lamping DL, McKee CM, Sanderson CF, Askham J, Marteau T. Consensus development methods, and their use in clinical guideline development. Health Technol Assess. 1998;2:i–iv, 1–88.
- Nekolaichuk, CL, Fainsinger, RL, Lawlor, PG (2005) A validation study of a pain classification system for advanced cancer patients using content experts: the Edmonton Classification System for cancer pain. Palliat Med. 19: pp. 466-476 CrossRef
- Robert, HM, Honemann, DH, Balch, TJ, Seabold, DE (2011) Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised. Da Capo Press, Cambridge, MA
- Rosenthal RJ, International Sleeve Gastrectomy Expert Panel, Diaz AA, Arvidsson D, Baker RS, Basso N, Bellanger D, Boza C, El Mourad H, France M, Gagner M, Galvao-Neto M, Higa KD, Himpens J, Hutchinson CM, Jacobs M, Jorgensen JO, Jossart G, Lakdawala M, Nguyen NT, Nocca D, Prager G, Pomp A, Ramos AC, Rosenthal RJ, Shah S, Vix M, Wittgrove A, Zundel N. International Sleeve Gastrectomy Expert Panel Consensus Statement: best practice guidelines based on experience of > 12,000 cases.” Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2012;8:8–19.
- Susskind, LE, McKearnen, S, Homas-Lamar, J (1999) The Consensus Building Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Reaching Agreement. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA
- VandeVen, AH, Delbecq, AL (1974) The effectiveness of nominal, Delphi, and interacting group decision making processes. Acad Management J. 17: pp. 605-621 CrossRef
- Vitale, MG, Riedel, MD, Glotzbecker, MP, Matsumoto, H, Roye, DP, Akbarnia, BA, Anderson, RC, Brockmeyer, DL, Emans, JB, Erickson, M, Flynn, JM, Lenke, LG, Lewis, SJ, Luhmann, SJ, McLeod, LM, Newton, PO, Nyquist, AC, Richards, BS, Shah, SA, Skaggs, DL, Smith, JT, Sponseller, PD, Sucato, DJ, Zeller, RD, Saiman, L (2013) Building consensus: development of a Best Practice Guideline (BPG) for surgical site infection (SSI) prevention in high-risk pediatric spine surgery. J Pediatr Orthop. 33: pp. 471-478 CrossRef
- International Consensus on Periprosthetic Joint Infection: Description of the Consensus Process
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Volume 471, Issue 12 , pp 4065-4075
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Business Administration, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
- 2. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, ENDO-Klinik, Hamburg, Germany
- 3. Department of Orthopaedic Research, The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- 4. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University, 125 S 9th Street, Suite 1000, Philadelphia, PA, 19107, USA