Date: 01 Jun 2013
Ankle Arthrodesis Versus Ankle Replacement for Ankle Arthritis
- Judith F. Baumhauer MD
- … show all 1 hide
Note from the Editor-in-Chief: We are pleased to present to readers of Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research® another installment of Clinical Faceoff, a regular feature. This section is a point-counterpoint discussion between recognized experts in their fields on a controversial clinical or nonclinical issue. We welcome reader feedback on all of our columns and articles; please send your comments to email@example.com.
The author certifies that she, or a member of her immediate family, has no funding or commercial associations (eg, consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc.) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
All ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for authors and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research editors and board members are on file with the publication and can be viewed on request.
The opinions expressed are those of the writers and do not reflect the opinion or policy of CORR ® or the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons®.
- Courville, XF, Hecht, PJ, Tosteson, AN (2011) Is total ankle arthroplasty a cost-effective alternative to ankle fusion?. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 469: pp. 1721-1727 CrossRef
- Cushnaghan, J, Dieppe, P (1991) Study of 500 patients with limb joint osteoarthritis. I. Analysis by age, sex, and distribution of symptomatic joint sites. Ann Rheum Dis. 50: pp. 8-13 CrossRef
- Hahn, ME, Wright, ES, Segal, AD, Orendurff, MS, Ledoux, WR, Sangeorzan, BJ (2012) Comparative gait analysis of ankle arthrodesis and arthroplasty: initial findings of a prospective study. Foot Ankle Int. 33: pp. 282-289 CrossRef
- Saltzman, CL, Mann, RA, Ahrens, JE, Amendola, A, Anderson, RB, Berlet, GC, Brodsky, JW, Chou, LB, Clanton, TO, Deland, JT, Deorio, JK, Horton, GA, Lee, TH, Mann, JA, Nunley, JA, Thordarson, DB, Walling, AK, Wapner, KL, Coughlin, MJ (2009) Prospective controlled trial of STAR total ankle replacement versus ankle fusion: initial results. Foot Ankle Int. 30: pp. 579-596 CrossRef
- Saltzman, CL, Zimmerman, MB, O’Rourke, M, Brown, TD, Buckwalter, JA, Johnston, R (2006) Impact of comorbidities on the measurement of health in patients with ankle osteoarthritis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 88: pp. 2366-2372 CrossRef
- Ankle Arthrodesis Versus Ankle Replacement for Ankle Arthritis
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Volume 471, Issue 8 , pp 2439-2442
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave., P.O. Box 665, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA