Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 19 Mar 2013
CORR Insights®: Does the Extent of Osteonecrosis Affect the Survival of Hip Resurfacing?
- Michael A. Mont MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This is the CORR Insights® is a commentary on the article “Does the Extent of Osteonecrosis Affect the Survival of Hip Resurfacing?” by Nakasone and colleagues available at DOI 10.1007/s11999-013-2833-x.
Each author certifies that he or she, or a member of his or her immediate family, has no funding or commercial associations (eg, consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
All ICMJE Conflict of Interest Forms for authors and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research editors and board members are on file with the publication and can be viewed on request.
This CORR Insights® comment refers to the article available at DOI 10.1007/s11999-013-2833-x.
This comment refers to the article available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11999-013-2833-x.
- Amstutz, HC, LeDuff, MJ (2010) Hip resurfacing results for osteonecrosis are as good as for other etiologies at 2 to 12 years. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 468: pp. 375-381 CrossRef
- Khan, A, Yates, P, Lovering, A, Bannister, GC, Spencer, RFJ (2007) The effect of surgical approach on blood flow to the femoral head during resurfacing. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 89: pp. 21-25
- Little, CP, Ruiz, AL, Harding, IJ, McLardy-Smith, P, Gundle, R, Murray, DW, Athanasou, NA (2005) Osteonecrosis in retrieved femoral heads after failed resurfacing arthroplasty of the hip. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 87: pp. 320-323 CrossRef
- Steffen, RT, Smith, SR, Urban, JP, McLardy-Smith, P, Beard, DJ, Gill, HS, Murray, DW (2005) The effect of hip resurfacing on oxygen concentration in the femoral head. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 87: pp. 1468-1474 CrossRef
- Ullmark, G, Sundgren, K, Milbring, , Nilsson, O, Sörensen, J (2009) Osteonecrosis following resurfacing arthroplasty. Acta Orthop. 80: pp. 670-674 CrossRef
- Zustin, J, Sauter, G, Morlock, MM, Rüther, W, Amling, M (2010) Association of osteonecrosis and failure of hip resurfacing arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 468: pp. 756-761 CrossRef
- CORR Insights®: Does the Extent of Osteonecrosis Affect the Survival of Hip Resurfacing?
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Volume 471, Issue 6 , pp 1935-1936
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, 2401 West Belvedere Avenue, Baltimore, MD, USA