Commentary on “a proposal for a new system of credit allocation in science”
- Drummond Rennie M.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This comment piece is a response to Resnik, D.B. (1997) A New System for Credit Allocation in Science, Science and Engineering Ethics 3:237–243.
- Rennie, D., Yank, V. & Emanuel, L. (In Press, 1997) When authorship fails: a proposal to make contributors accountable. JAMA.
- Horton, R. & Smith R. (1996) Time to redefine authorship. BMJ 312: 723.
- Godlee, F. (1996) Definition of “authorship” may be changed. BMJ 312:1501.
- Squires, B.P. (1996) Authors: who contributes what? Can Med Assoc J. 155:897–898.
- Smith, R. (1997) Authorship: time for a paradigm shift. BMJ 314:992.
- Lundberg, G.D. & Glass RM. (1996) What does authorship mean in a peer-reviewed medical journal? JAMA 276:75. CrossRef
- Rennie D & Flanagin A. (1994) Authorship! Authorship! Ghosts, guests and grafters, and the two-sided coin. JAMA 271:469–471. CrossRef
- Hunt, R. (1991) Trying an authorship index. Nature 352:187 CrossRef
- Davis, P.J. & Gregerman, R.I. (1969) Parse analysis: a new method for the evaluation of investigators’ bibliographics. New Engl J Med. 281:989–990. CrossRef
- Garfield, E. (1983) Essays of an information scientist, 198?–1982, Vol 5, ISI Press, Philadelphia.
- Moulopoulos, S.D., Sideris, D.A. & Georgilis, K.A. (1983) Individual contributions to multiauthor papers. BMJ 287:1608–1610. CrossRef
- Huth, E.J. (1986) Irresponsible authorship and wasteful publication. Ann Intern Med 104:257–259.
- Saffran, M. (1989) On multiple authorship: describe the contribution. The Scientist. March 20. p9,11.
- Mancini, G.B.J. (1990) Documenting contributions to authorship. Ann Intern Med. 113:723.
- Green, M.S. (1994) Authorship! Authorship! JAMA 271:1904 CrossRef
- Commentary on “a proposal for a new system of credit allocation in science”
Science and Engineering Ethics
Volume 3, Issue 3 , pp 257-259
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, 1388 Sutter Street, 11th Floor, 94941, San Francisco, CA, USA