Uninformed Consent: An Offshoot of Illiteracy and Ignorance
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Beauchamp, T., & Childress, J. (1994). Principles of biomedical ethics (4th ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Brody, H. (1999). Transparency: Informed consent in primary care. In J. Arras & B. Steinbock (Eds.), Ethical issues in modern medicine (5th ed.). Mountain View: Mayfield Publishing Company.
- Consumer Protection Act (CPA), India (1994).
- Elwyn, G., Frosch, D., Thomson, R., Joseph-Williams, N., Lloyd, A., et al. (2012). Shared decision making: A model for clinical practice. Journal of General Internal Medicine. [Epub ahead of print].
- India has a third of world’s illiterates. Times of India, 2004-11-09, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-has-a-third-of-worlds-illiterates/articleshow/916814.cms. Accessed on 20 Feb 2012.
- Katz, J. (1984). The silent world of doctor and patient. New York: Free Press.
- 16-Year-old sterilized in Jharkhand. Deccan Herald (Mangalore Edition); 26 Sep (2010).
- Uninformed Consent: An Offshoot of Illiteracy and Ignorance
Science and Engineering Ethics
Volume 19, Issue 3 , pp 673-675
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Forensic Medicine, Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore, India
- 2. Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 72205, USA
- 3. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
- 4. Department of Forensic Medicine, Kasturba Medical College (Affiliated to Manipal University), Mangalore, India
- 5. Department of Forensic Medicine, J.S.S. Medical College (A Constituent College of J.S.S. University), Mysore, India