Engineering Ethics: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The eight pieces constituting this Meeting Report are summaries of presentations made during a panel session at the 2011 Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE) annual meeting held between March 3rd and 6th in Cincinnati. Lisa Newton organized the session and served as chair. The panel of eight consisted both of pioneers in the field and more recent arrivals. It covered a range of topics from how the field has developed to where it should be going, from identification of issues needing further study to problems of training the next generation of engineers and engineering-ethics scholars.
- Electronics Takeback Coalition. (2010). Facts and figures on e-waste and recycling. Retrieved from http://www.electronicstakeback.com/wp-content/uploads/Facts_and_Figures.
- Marchant, G., Allenby, B., & Herkert, J. (Eds.). (2011). The growing gap between emerging technologies and legal-ethical oversight: The pacing problem. NY: Springer.
- Puckett, J. et al. (2002). Exporting harm: The high-tech trashing of Asia. Basel Action Network, Greenpeace. Retrieved from http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/eastasia/press/reports/exporting-harm-the-high-tech.pdf.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). (2009). Recycling—from e-waste to resources. Retrieved from http://www.unep.org/PDF/PressReleases/E-aste_publication_screen_FINALVERSION-sml.pdf.
- Engineering Ethics: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Science and Engineering Ethics
Volume 19, Issue 3 , pp 1395-1404
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. National Institute for Engineering Ethics, Lubbock, TX, USA
- 2. Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA
- 3. Oregon Institute of Technology, Klamath Falls, OR, USA
- 4. Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 5. National Academy of Engineering, Washington, DC, USA
- 6. Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT, 06824, USA
- 7. Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA
- 8. Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, USA