March 2012, Volume 18, Issue 1, pp 1-11,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 03 Jun 2011
Editors’ Overview: Moral Responsibility in Technology and Engineering
- Bovens, M (1998) The quest for responsibility. Accountability and citizenship in complex organisations. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- Coeckelbergh, M. (forthcoming). Moral responsibility, technology, and experiences of the tragic: From kierkegaard to offshore engineering. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19233-11943.
- Davis, M. (forthcoming). ‘‘Ain’t no one here but us social forces’’: Constructing the professional responsibility of engineers. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19225-11943.
- Doorn, N. (forthcoming). Responsibility ascriptions in technology development and engineering: Three perspectives. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11009-19189-11943.
- Fischer, JM, Ravizza, M (1998) Responsibility and control: A theory of moral responsibility (Cambridge studies in philosophy and law). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- French, PA (1984) Collective and corporate responsibility. Columbia University Press, New York
- Jonas, H (1984) The imperative of responsibility; In search of an ethics for the technological age. University of Chicago Press, Chicago & London
- Kermisch, C. (forthcoming). Risk and responsibility: A complex and evolving relationship. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19246-y.
- May, L, Hoffman, S (1991) Collective responsibility. Five decades of debate in theoretical and applied ethics. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Savage, MD
- Nissenbaum, H (1996) Accountability in a computerized society. Science and Engineering Ethics 2: pp. 25-42 CrossRef
- Polder-Verkiel, S. E. (forthcoming). Online responsibility: Bad Samaritanism and the Influence of internet mediation. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19253-z.
- Roeser, S. (forthcoming). Emotional engineers: Toward morally responsible design. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19236-11940.
- Smiley, M. (2008). Collective responsibility. In Zalta E. N. (Ed.), The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Fall 2008 edition).
- Swierstra, T., & Waelbers, K. (forthcoming). Designing a good life: A matrix for the technological mediation of morality. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11010-19251-11941.
- Thompson, DF (1980) Moral responsibility and public officials. American Political Science Review 74: pp. 905-916 CrossRef
- Van den Hoven, M. J., Lokhorst, G. J., & Van de Poel, I. R. (forthcoming). Engineering and the problem of moral overload. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11011-19277-z.
- Van de Poel, I. R., & Nihlen-Fahlquist, J. (forthcoming). Risk and responsibility. In Roeser S, Hillerbrand R, Peterson M, & Sandin P (Eds.), Handbook of risk theory. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Van de Poel, I. R., Nihlén Fahlquist, J. A., Doorn, N., Zwart, S. D., & Royakkers, L. M. M. (forthcoming). The problem of many hands: Climate change as an example. Science and Engineering Ethics. doi:10.1007/s11948-11011-19276-11940.
- Editors’ Overview: Moral Responsibility in Technology and Engineering
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Science and Engineering Ethics
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 1-11
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links