The complexity of competing and conflicting interests
- Stephanie J. Bird Ph.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Glaser, Bonnie E. and Bero, Lisa A. (2005) Attitudes of Academic and Clinical Researchers Toward Financial Ties in Research: A Systematic Review. Science and Engineering Ethics 11 (4): 553–573. CrossRef
- Dunbar, W. Scott (2005) Emotional Engagement in Professional Ethics. Science and Engineering Ethics 11 (4): 535–551. CrossRef
- Spier, Raymond E. (2002) On Dealing with Bias. Science and Engineering Ethics 8 (4): 483–484. CrossRef
- Olson, Steve (1989) On Being a Scientist. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
- Longino, Helen (1990) Science as Social Knowledge. Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Lexchin, J. (1993) Interaction between physicians and the pharmaceutical industry: What does the literature say? Canadian Medical Association Journal 149 (10): 1401–1407.
- Bekelman, J.E., Li, Y., and Gross, C.P. (2003) Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: A systematic review. Journal of the American Medical Association 289 (4): 454–465. CrossRef
- Lexchin, J., Bero, L.A., Djulbegovic, B., and Clark, O. (2003) Pharmaceutical industry sponsorship and research outcome and quality: Systematic review. British Medical Association 326 (7400): 1167–1170.
- Bero, L.A. and Rennie, D. (1996) Influences on the quality of published drug studies. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care 12 (2): 209–237. CrossRef
- Blumenthal, D., Gluck, M., Louis, K.S., Stoto, M.A. and Wise, D. (1986) University-industry research relationships in biotechnology: implications for the university. Science 232 (4756): 1361–1366. CrossRef
- Harman, G. (1999) Australian science and technology academics and university-industry research links. Higher Education 38 (1): 83–103. CrossRef
- Lipton, S., Boyd, E.A. and Bero, L.A. (2004) Conflicts of interest in academic research: Policies, processes and attitudes. Accountability in Research 11 (2): 83–102. CrossRef
- Lock, Stephen, Wells, Frank and Farthing, Michael (eds) (2001) Fraud and Misconduct in Medical Research. BMJ Publishing Group, London.
- Messick, David M. and Bazerman, Max H. (1996) Ethical Leadership and the Psychology of Decision Making. Sloan Management Review 37 (2): 9–22.
- Greene, J.D., Sommerville, R.B., Nystrom, L.E., Darley, J.M., and Cohen, J.D. (2001) An fMRI investigation of emotional engagement in moral judgment. Science 293: 2105–2108. CrossRef
- Connelly, S., Helton-Fauth, W., and Mumford, M.D. (2004) A managerial in-basket study of the impact of trait emotions on ethical choice. Journal of Business Ethics 51: 245–267. CrossRef
- Moore, Don A. and Loewenstein, George (2004) Self-Interest, Automaticity, and the Psychology of Conflict of Interest. Social Justice Research 17 (2): 189–202. CrossRef
- The complexity of competing and conflicting interests
Science and Engineering Ethics
Volume 11, Issue 4 , pp 515-517
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- conflict of interest
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, c/o, P.O. Box 2007, 02093, Wrentham, MA, USA