Daily Dosing of PDE5 Inhibitors: Where Does it Fit in?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To provide a critical contemporary review of daily PDE5-inhibitor (PDE5-I) use in urological and nonurological conditions. PDE5-Is can be taken up to once a day. However, at present only tadalafil is approved for use in both erectile dysfunction (ED) and benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). Evolving research in penile rehabilitation, Peyronie’s disease, male infertility, pulmonary arterial hypertension, muscular dystrophy and Raynaud’s phenomenon shows these therapeutic areas may also benefit from PDE5i therapy. This review examines the role of chronic PDE5 inhibition in ED, BPH-LUTS and other therapeutic targets which may shape our clinical practice in the years to come.
KeywordsPDE5 inhibitors Daily use LUTS Benign prostate hyperplasia Erectile dysfunction
- Daily Dosing of PDE5 Inhibitors: Where Does it Fit in?
Current Urology Reports
Volume 14, Issue 4 , pp 269-278
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- PDE5 inhibitors
- Daily use
- Benign prostate hyperplasia
- Erectile dysfunction
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Urology, National University Hospital, 1E Kent Ridge Road, NUHS Tower Block, Level 8, Singapore, 119228, Singapore
- 2. Division of Urology, St Joseph’s Health Care, University of Western Ontario, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, ON, N6A4V2, Canada