Complement as a source of biomarkers in systemic lupus erythematosus: Past, present, and future
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Schur PH, Sandson J: Immunological factors and clinical activity in systemic lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med 1968, 278:533–538. CrossRef
- Vaughan JH, Bayles TB, Favour CB: The response of serum gamma globulin level and complement titer to adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) therapy in lupus erythematosus disseminatus. J Lab Clin Med 1951, 37:698–702.
- Lloyd W, Schur PH: Immune complexes, complement, and anti-DNA in exacerbations of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Medicine 1981, 60:208–217. CrossRef
- Ricker DM, Hebert LA, Rohde R, et al.: Serum C3 levels are diagnostically more sensitive and specific for systemic lupus erythematosus activity than are serum C4 levels. Am J Kidney Dis 1991, 19:678–685.
- Valentijn RM, van Overhagen H, Hazevoet HM, et al.: The value of complement and immune complex determinations in monitoring disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 1985, 28:904–913. CrossRef
- Swaak AJ, Groenwold J, Bronsveld W: Predictive value of complement profiles and anti-dsDNA in systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis 1986, 45:359–366. CrossRef
- Falk RJ, Agustin MD, Dalmasso P, et al.: Radioimmunoassay of the attack complex of complement in serum from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med 1985, 312:1594–1599. CrossRef
- Belmont HM, Hopkins P, Edelson HS, et al.: Complement activation during systemic lupus erythematosus: C3a and C5a anaphylatoxins circulate during exacerbations of disease. Arthritis Rheum 1986, 29:1085–1089. CrossRef
- Buyon JP, Tamerius J, Belmont HM, Abramson SB: Assessment of disease activity and impending flare in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: comparison of the use of complement split products and conventional measurements of complement. Arthritis Rheum 1992, 35:1028–1037. CrossRef
- Manzi S, Rairie JE, Carpenter AB, et al.: Sensitivity and specificity of plasma and urine complement split products as indicators of lupus disease activity. Arthritis Rheum 1996, 39:1178–1188. CrossRef
- Abrass CK, Nies KM, Louie JS, et al.: Correlation and predictive accuracy of circulating immune complexes with disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 1980, 23:273–282. CrossRef
- Morrow WJ, Isenberg DA, Todd-Porkropek A, et al.: Useful laboratory measurements in the management of systemic lupus erythematosus. Q J Med 1982, 51:125–138.
- Ter Borg EJ, Horst G, Hummel EJ, et al.: Measurement of increases in anti-double-stranded DNA antibody levels as a predictor of disease exacerbation in systemic lupus erythematosus: a long-term, prospective study. Arthritis Rheum 1990, 33:634–643. CrossRef
- Walz LeBlanc BA, Gladman DD, Urowitz MB: Serologically active clinically quiescent systemic lupus erythematosuspredictors of clinical flares. J Rheumatol 1994, 21:2239–2241.
- Esdaile JM, Abrahamowicz M, Joseph L, et al.: Laboratory tests as predictors of disease exacerbations in systemic lupus erythematosus: why some tests fail. Arthritis Rheum 1996, 39:370–378. CrossRef
- Tieley CA, Romans DG, Crookston MC: Localization of Chido and Rodgers determinants to the C4d fragment of human C4. Nature 1978, 276:713–715. CrossRef
- Atkinson JP, Chan AC, Karp DR, et al.: Origin of the fourth component of complement related Chido and Rodgers blood group antigens. Complement 1988, 5:65–76.
- King DE, Navratil JS, Liu CC, et al.: A new assay for SLE diagnosis and assessment of disease activity. Arthritis Rheum 2002, 9(suppl):S294.
- Complement as a source of biomarkers in systemic lupus erythematosus: Past, present, and future
Current Rheumatology Reports
Volume 6, Issue 2 , pp 85-88
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links