Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 18 Apr 2009
Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis: Lessons from the US experience
- Janet R. Maurer
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- World Health Organization: Anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in the world: fourth global report. Available at http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2008/WHO_HTM_TB_2008.394_eng.pdf. Accessed November 2008.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Emergence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis with extensive resistance to second-line drugs—worldwide, 2000–2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006, 55: 301–305.
- Wells CD, Cegielski JP, Nelson LJ, et al.: HIV infection and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis—the perfect storm. J Infect Dis 2007, 196: S86–S107. CrossRef
- Revised definition of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006, 55(43): 1176.
- Kim HR, Hwang SS, Kim HJ, et al.: Impact of extensive drug resistance on treatment outcomes in non-HIV-infected patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Clin Infect Dis 2007, 45: 1290–1296. CrossRef
- Gandhi NR, Moll A, Sturm AW, et al.: Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis as a cause of death in patients co-infected with tuberculosis and HIV in a rural area of South Africa. Lancet 2006, 368: 1575–1580. CrossRef
- Mitnick CD, Shin SS, Seung KJ, et al.: Comprehensive treatment of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis. N Engl J Med 2008, 359: 563–574. CrossRef
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis: Lessons from the US experience
Current Infectious Disease Reports
Volume 11, Issue 3 , pp 173-174
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Science Inc.
- Additional Links