Preventing renal disease progression: Is it the drug or the blood pressure reduction, or both?
- Matthew R. Weir MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Viberti G, Morgensen CE, Groop LC, Pauls LF, for the European Microalbuminuria Captopril Study Group: Effect of captopril on progression to clinical proteinuria in patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuria. JAMA 1994, 271:275–279. CrossRef
- Ravid M, Brosh D, Levi S, et al.: Use of enalapril to attenuate decline in renal function in normotensive, normoalbuminuria patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med 1998, 128:982–988.
- Weir MR, Dworkin LD: Anti-hypertensive drugs, dietary salt, and renal protection: how low should you go with which therapy? Am J Kidney Dis 1998, 32:1–22. CrossRef
- Klag MJ, Whelton PK, Randall BL, et al.: Blood pressure and end-stage renal disease in men. N Engl J Med 1996, 334:13–18. CrossRef
- Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group, Levey AS, Breyer JA, Faubert P, Rolin HA, Wang S-R, Writing Group: Effects of blood pressure control and progressive renal disease in blacks and whites. Hypertension 1997, 30:428–435.
- The Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation Study Investigators: Vitamin E supplementation and cardiovascular events in high risk patients. N Engl J Med 2000, 342:154–160. CrossRef
- The Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE) Study Investigators: Effects of ramipril on cardiovascular and microvascular outcomes in people with diabetes mellitus: results from HOPE study and Micro-HOPE substudy. Lancet 2000, 355:253–259. CrossRef
- The Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. The Sixth Report. Arch Intern Med 1997, 157:2413–2446.
- Jafar TH, Schmid CH, Stark PC, et al.: The optimal level of blood pressure and urine protein excretion for the prevention of progression of chronic renal disease. J Am Soc Nephrol 2000, 11:63A.
- Preventing renal disease progression: Is it the drug or the blood pressure reduction, or both?
Current Hypertension Reports
Volume 2, Issue 6 , pp 497-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Nephrology and Clinical Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 S. Greene Street, 21201, Baltimore, MD, USA