Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 08 Mar 2009
Weight loss maintenance: An excellent approach to control hypertension but a difficult goal to reach
- Efrain Reisin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Francischetti EF, Genelhu VA: Obesity-hypertension: an ongoing pandemic. Int J Clin Pract 2007, 61:269–280. CrossRef
- Reisin E, Frohlich ED: Hemodynamics in obesity. In Handbook of Hypertension: Pathophysiology of Hypertension—Cardiovascular Aspects. Edited by Zanchetti A, Tarazi RC. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers; 1987:287–297.
- Thakur V, Morse S, Reisin E: Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity. Contrib Nephrol 2006, 151:135–150. CrossRef
- Harsha DW, Bray GA: Weight loss and blood pressure control. Hypertension 2008, 51:1420–1425. CrossRef
- Mark AL: Dietary therapy for obesity: an emperor with no clothes. Hypertension 2008, 51:1426–1434. CrossRef
- Svetkey CP, Stevens VJ, Brantley PJ, et al.: Comparison of strategies for sustaining weight loss: the weight loss maintenance randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2008, 299:1139–1148. CrossRef
- Stevens VJ, Obarzanek E, Cook NR, et al.: Long-term weight loss and changes in blood pressure: results of the trial of hypertension prevention phase II. Ann Intern Med 2001, 134:1–11.
- Wing RR, Tate DF: A self-regulation program for maintenance of weight loss. N Engl J Med 2006, 355:1563–1571. CrossRef
- Weight loss maintenance: An excellent approach to control hypertension but a difficult goal to reach
Current Hypertension Reports
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 83-84
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Science Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors