Find out how to access preview-only content
An appraisal of aspirin therapy in diabetes
- John A. Colwell MD, PhD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Colwell JA: Aspirin therapy in diabetes. Diabetes 1997, 20:1767–1771.
- American Diabetes Association: Standards of care. Diabetes Care 2006, 29(suppl 1):519–520.
- Pearson TA, Blair SN, Daniels SR, et al.: AHA Guidelines for Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke: 2002 Update: Consensus Panel Guide to Comprehensive Risk Reduction for Adult Patients Without Coronary or Other Atherosclerotic Vascular Diseases. American Heart Association Science Advisory and Coordinating Committee. Circulation 2002, 106:388–391. CrossRef
- US Preventive Services Task Force: Aspirin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular events: summary of the evidence. Ann Intern Med 2002, 136:161–172.
- Anderson KM, Wilson PW, Odell PM, Kannel WB: An updated coronary risk profile. A statement for health professionals. Circulation 1991, 83:356–362.
- Stevens RJ, Kothari V, Adler A, et al.: The UKPDS risk engine: a model for the risk of coronary heart disease in type II diabetes (UKPDS 56). Clin Sci 2001, 101:671–679. CrossRef
- Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults: Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001, 285:2486–2497. CrossRef
- Rolka DB, Fagot-Campagna A, Narayan KM: Aspirin use among adults with diabetes: estimates from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Diabetes Care 2001, 24:197–201. CrossRef
- Guzder RN, Gatling W, Mullee MA, et al.: Progressive value of the Framingham cardiovascular risk equation and the UKPDS risk engine for coronary heart disease in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes: results from a United Kingdom study. Diabet Med 2005, 22:554–562. CrossRef
- Howard B, Best LG, Gallaway JM, et al.: Coronary heart disease risk equivalence in diabetes depends on consistent risk factors. Diabetes Care 2006, 29:391–397. CrossRef
- Ridker PM, Cook NR, Lee IM, et al.: A randomized trail of low-dose aspirin in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in women. N Engl J Med 2005, 352:1293–1304. CrossRef
- Hennekens CH, Knatterud GL, Pfeffer MA: Use of aspirin to reduce risks of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes. Diabetes Care 2004, 27:2752–2754. CrossRef
- Mason PJ, Freedman JE, Jacobs AK: Aspirin resistance: current concepts. Rev Cardiovasc Med 2004, 5:156–163. CrossRef
- Tantry US, Bliden KP, Gurbel PA: Overestimation of platelet aspirin resistance by thromboelastograph mapping and validation by conventional aggregometry using arachidonic acid stimulation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005, 46:1705–1709. CrossRef
- DiMinno G, Silver MJ, Cerbone AM, et al.: Trial of repeated low-dose aspirin in diabetic angiopathy. Blood 1986, 68:886–891.
- An appraisal of aspirin therapy in diabetes
Current Diabetes Reports
Volume 6, Issue 6 , pp 409-410
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 816, CSB, P.O. Box 250624, 29425, Charleston, SC, USA