Duration and intensity of anticoagulation among patients with genetic predispositions to venous thrombosis
- Paul M. Ridker MD, MPH
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Price DT, Ridker PM: Factor V Leiden mutation and the risks of thromboembolic disease: A clinical perspective. Ann Intern Med 1997, 127:895–903.
- Koster T, Rosendaal FR, de Ronde H, et al.: Venous thrombosis due to poor anticoagulant response to activated protein C: Leiden Thrombophilia Study. Lancet 1993, 342:1503–1506. CrossRef
- Ridker PM, Hennekens CH, Lindpaintner K, et al.: Mutation in the gene coding for coagulation factor V and the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, and venous thrombosis in apparently healthy men. N Engl J Med 1995, 332:912–917. CrossRef
- Poort SR, Rosendaal FR, Reitsma PH, Bertina RM: A common genetic variation in the 3'-untraslated region of the prothrombin gene is associated with elevated plasma prothrombin levels and an increase in venous thrombosis. Blood 1996, 88:3698–3703.
- Ridker PM, Hennekens CH, Miletich JP: G20210A mutation in prothrombin gene and risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, and venous thrombosis in a large cohort of US men. Circulation 1999, 99:999–1004.
- Ridker PM, Miletich JP, Stampfer MJ, et al.: Factor V Leiden and risks of recurrent idiopathic venous thromboembolism. Circulation 1995, 92:2800–2802.
- Simioni P, Prandoni P, Lensing AW, et al.: The risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with an Arg506-Gln mutation in the gene for factor V (factor V Leiden). N Engl J Med 1997, 336:399–403. CrossRef
- The Research Committee of the British Thoracic Society: Optimum duration of anticoagulation for deep-vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Lancet 1992, 340:873–876.
- Schulman S, Rhedin AS, LIndmaker P, et al.: A comparison of six weeks with six months of oral anticoagulant therapy after a first episode of venous thromboembolism. N Engl J Med 1995, 332:1661–1665. CrossRef
- Schulman S, Granqvist S, Holmstrom M, et al.: The duration of oral anticoagulant therapy after a second episode of venous thromboembolism. N Engl J Med 1997, 336:393–398. CrossRef
- Kearon C, Gent M, Hirsh J, et al.: A comparison of three months of anticoagulation with extended anticoagulation for a first episode of idiopathic venous thromboembolism. N Engl J Med 1999, 340:901–907. CrossRef
- Ridker PM, Hennekens CH, Selhub J, et al.: Interrelation of hyperhomocystinemia, factor V Leiden, and risks of future venous thromboembolism. Circulation 1997, 95:1777–1782.
- Ridker PM for the PREVENT Investigators: Long-term, lowdose warfarin among venous thrombosis patients with and without factor V Leiden mutation: rationale and design for the Prevention of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism (PREVENT) trial. Vascular Medicine 1998, 3:67–73.
- Duration and intensity of anticoagulation among patients with genetic predispositions to venous thrombosis
Current Cardiology Reports
Volume 1, Issue 2 , pp 88-90
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Divisions of Cardiovascular Diseases and Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, 02115, Boston, MA, USA