The Role of Exercise Testing for Predicting Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with Congenital Heart Disease
- Elyse Foster
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Lui GK, Silversides CK, Khairy P, et al.: Heart rate response during exercise and pregnancy outcome in women with congenital heart disease. Circulation 2011, 123:242–248.
An increasing number of women with congenital heart disease (CHD) are surviving to adulthood and the number of pregnancies in these women is on the rise. The hemodynamic burden imposed by pregnancy places these women at risk for cardiovascular complications including congestive heart failure and arrhythmias. A number of risk stratification scores have been developed but many are based on subjective criteria such as New York Heart Association (NYHA) functional class [1–3]. In patients with acquired heart disease, cardiopulmonary exercise testing with measures of maximal oxygen consumption heart rate response is an excellent predictor of clinical outcomes. Chronotropic response during exercise testing predicts mortality in patients with CHD . However, its predictive value for p ...
- Siu SC, Sermer M, Colman JM, et al. Prospective multicenter study of pregnancy outcomes in women with heart disease. Circulation. 2001;104:515–21. CrossRef
- Khairy P, Ouyang DW, Fernandes SM, Lee-Parritz A, Economy KE, Landzberg MJ. Pregnancy outcomes in women with congenital heart disease. Circulation. 2006;113:517–24. CrossRef
- Drenthen W, Boersma E, Balci A, et al. Predictors of pregnancy complications in women with congenital heart disease. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:2124–32. CrossRef
- Diller GP, Dimopoulos K, Okonko D, et al. Heart rate response during exercise predicts survival in adults with congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:1250–6. CrossRef
- Warnes CA, Liberthson R, Danielson GK, et al. Task force 1: the changing profile of congenital heart disease in adult life. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;37:1170–5. CrossRef
- The Role of Exercise Testing for Predicting Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with Congenital Heart Disease
Current Cardiology Reports
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 269-270
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Science Inc.
- Additional Links
- Elyse Foster (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. UCSF Medical Center, Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA