Systemic Inflammation and the Dynamics of HDL Cholesterol–Associated Residual Cardiovascular Risk
- Robert S. Rosenson
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Fruchart JC, Sacks F, Hermans MP, et al. Executive statement, the residual risk reduction initiative: a call to action to reduce residual vascular risk in dyslipidemic patients. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2008;5:319–35. CrossRef
- Barter P, Gotto AM, LaRosa JC, et al. HDL-cholesterol, very low levels of LDL-cholesterol, and cardiovascular events. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:1301–10. CrossRef
- Rosenson RS. Low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and cardiovascular disease: risk reduction with statin therapy. Am Heart J. 2006;151:556–63. CrossRef
- West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study Group. Influence of pravastatin and plasma lipids on clinical events in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study (WOSCOPS). Circulation. 1998;97:1440–5.
- Ridker PM, Gesest J, Boekholdt SM, et al. HDL cholesterol and residual risk of first cardiovascular events after treatment with potent statin therapy: an analysis from the JUPITER trial. Lancet. 2010;376:333–9. CrossRef
- Ridker PM, Danielson E, Fonseca FA, et al. Rosuvastatin to prevent vascular events in men and women with elevated C-reactive protein. N Engl J Med. 2008;359:2195–207. CrossRef
- Ray KK, Cannon CP, Cairns R, Morrow DA, Ridker PM, Braunwald E. Prognostic utility of apoB/AI, total cholesterol/HDL, non-HDL-cholesterol, or hs-CRP as predictors of clinical risk in patients receiving statin therapy after acute coronary syndromes: results from PROVE-IT TIMI 22. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:424–30. CrossRef
- Seeger JD, Walker AM, Williams PL, Saperia GM, Sacks FM. A propensity score-matched cohort study of the effect of statins, mainly fluvastatin, on the occurrence of acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2003;92:1447–51. CrossRef
- Rosenson RS, Davidson MH, Pourfazib R. Underappreciated opportunities for low-density lipoprotein management in patients with cardiometabolic risk. Atherosclerosis. 2010;213:1–7. CrossRef
- Rosenson RS, Otvos JD, Hsia J. Effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on low-density and high-density lipoprotein particle concentrations in patients with metabolic syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1087–91. CrossRef
- Gotto AM, Whitney E, Stein EA, et al. Relation between baseline and on-treatment lipid parameters and first acute major coronary events in the Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study (AFCAPS/TexCAPS). Circulation. 2000;101:477–84.
- Otvos JD, Collins D, Freedman DS, et al. Low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein particle subclasses predict coronary events and are favorably changed by gemfibrozil therapy in the Veterans Affairs High-Density Lipoprotein Intervention Trial. Circulation. 2006;113:1556–63. CrossRef
- Vaiser T, Pennathur S, Greene PS, et al. Shotgun proteomics implicates protease inhibition and complement activation in the anti-inflammatory properties of HDL. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:595–8. CrossRef
- Rosenson RS. Functional assessment of HDL: Moving beyond static measures for risk assessment. Cardiovas Drugs Ther. 2010;24:71–5. CrossRef
- Systemic Inflammation and the Dynamics of HDL Cholesterol–Associated Residual Cardiovascular Risk
Current Atherosclerosis Reports
Volume 13, Issue 3 , pp 187-189
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Science Inc.
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mount Sinai Heart, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1031, New York, NY, 10029, USA