Find out how to access preview-only content
Clinical trials report
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Krauss RM, Eckel RH, Howard B, et al.: AHA Dietary Guidelines revision 2000: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Nutrition Committee of the American Heart Association. Circulation 2000, 102:2284–2299.
- National Cholesterol Education Program: Third Report on the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) Final Report. Washington, DC: National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; NIH Publication No 02-5215, 2002.
- The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: The JNC VII Report. JAMA 2003, 289:2560–2571.
- Greenland P, Knoll MD, Stamler J, et al.: Major risk factors as antecedents of fatal and nonfatal coronary heart disease events. JAMA, 2003, 290:891–897. CrossRef
- Burr ML, Fehily AM, Gilbert JF, et al.: Effects of changes in fat, fish and fibre intakes on death and reinfarction: diet and reinfarction trial (DART). Lancet 1989, ii:757–761. CrossRef
- GISSI-Prevenzione Investigators: Dietary supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction: results of the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. Lancet 1999, 354:447–455. CrossRef
- Marckman P, Gronbaek M: Fish consumption and coronary heart disease mortality. A systematic review of prospective cohort studies. J Clin Nutr 1999, 53:585–590. CrossRef
- Albert CM, Hennekens CH, O’Donnell CJ, et al.: Fish consumption and risk of sudden cardiac death. JAMA 1998, 279:23–28. CrossRef
- Albert CM, Campos H, Stampfer MJ, et al.: Blood levels of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids and the risk of sudden death. N Engl J Med 2002, 346:1113–1118. CrossRef
- Kris-Etherton PM, Harris WS, Appel LJ: Fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease. Circulation 2002, 106:2747–2757. CrossRef
- De Backer G, Ambrosioni E, Borch-Johnsen R, et al.: European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. Third Joint Task Force on European and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice. Eur Heart J 2003, 24:1601–1610. CrossRef
- Van de Werf T, Ardissino D, Betriu A, et al.: Task Force on the Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology: management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation. Eur Heart J 2003, 24:28–66. CrossRef
- Report from Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition in the UK. http://www.sacn.gov/uk/reports/. Accessed on July 15, 2004.
- Salonen JT, Seppanen K, Nyyssonen K, et al.: Intake of mercury from fish, lipid peroxidation, and the risk of myocardial infarction and coronary, cardiovascular, and any death in eastern Finnish men. Circulation 1995, 91:645–655.
- Grundy SM: n-3 Fatty acids: priority for post-myocardial infarction clinical trials. Circulation 2003, 107:1834–1836. CrossRef
- Clinical trials report
Current Atherosclerosis Reports
Volume 6, Issue 6 , pp 413-414
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links