Slice monogenic functions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we offer a new definition of monogenicity for functions defined on ℝ n+1 with values in the Clifford algebra ℝ n following an idea inspired by the recent papers , . This new class of monogenic functions contains the polynomials (and, more in general, power series) with coefficients in the Clifford algebra ℝ n . We will prove a Cauchy integral formula as well as some of its consequences. Finally, we deal with the zeroes of some polynomials and power series.
- F. Brackx, R. Delanghe and F. Sommen, Clifford Analysis, Resarch Notes in Math., 76, Pitman (Advanced Publishing Program), Boston, MA, 1982.
- F. Colombo, I. Sabadini, F. Sommen and D. C. Struppa, Analysis of Dirac Systems and Computational Algebra, Progress in Mathematical Physics, Vol. 39, Birkhäuser, Boston, 2004.
- F. Colombo, I. Sabadini and D. C. Struppa, A new functional calculus for noncommuting operators, Journal of Functional Analysis 254 (2008), 2255–2274. CrossRef
- C. G. Cullen, An integral theorem for analytic intrinsic functions on quaternions, Duke Mathematical Journal 32 (1965), 139–148. CrossRef
- R. Delanghe, F. Sommen and V. Soucek, Clifford Algebra and Spinor-valued Functions, Mathematics and Its Applications 53, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht 1992.
- G. Gentili and D. C. Struppa, A new approach to Cullen-regular functions of a quaternionic variable, Comptes Rendus Mathématique Académie des Sciences. Paris, 342 (2006), 741–744.
- G. Gentili and D. C. Struppa, A new theory of regular functions of a quaternionic variable, Advances in Mathematics 216 (2007), 279–301. CrossRef
- G. Gentili and D. C. Struppa, Regular functions on a Clifford Algebra, Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations 53 (2008), 475–483. CrossRef
- T. Y. Lam, A First Course in Noncommutative Rings, 2nd edition, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 131 Springer-Verlag, New York, 2001.
- Slice monogenic functions
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 171, Issue 1 , pp 385-403
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- The Hebrew University Magnes Press
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors