Microscopic Deformation in Individual Grains in an Advanced High-Strength Steel
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In situ synchrotron microbeam x-ray diffraction experiments were carried out to study the microscopic deformation within individual ferrite grains in a martensite/ferrite dual-phase steel (DP980) under incremental tensile loading. The differential aperture x-ray microscopy technique was used to resolve the strain variations as a function of depth up to 100 μm deep from the sample surface. The highly inhomogeneous distributions of the lattice strain, which is associated with the elastic deformation and stresses inside the grains, were determined by means of monochromatic energy diffraction, whereas insights to the plastic deformation were revealed by polychromatic energy diffraction.
- D.A. Korzekwa, R.D. Lawson, D.K. Matlock, and G. Krauss, Scripta Metall. 14, 1023 (1980). CrossRef
- D.K. Matlock, Microstructural Aspects of Advanced High-Strength Sheet Steels (Arlington, VA: AHSS Workshop, 2006).
- S. Cheng, X.L. Wang, Z. Feng, B. Clausen, H. Choo, and P.K. Liaw, Metall. Mater. Trans. A 39A, 3105 (2008). CrossRef
- D.H. Kim, S.J. Kim, S.H. Kim, A.D. Rollett, K.H. Oh, and H.N. Han, Acta Mater. 59, 5462 (2011). CrossRef
- N. Jia, Z.H. Cong, X. Sun, S. Cheng, Z.H. Nie, Y. Ren, P.K. Liaw, and Y.D. Wang, Acta Mater. 57, 3965 (2009). CrossRef
- M.L. Martinez-Perez, F.J. Mompean, J. Ruiz-Hervias, C.R. Borlado, J.M. Atienza, M. Garcia-Hernandez, M. Elices, J. Gil-Sevillano, R.L. Peng, and T. Buslaps, Acta Mater. 52, 5303 (2004). CrossRef
- Z.H. Cong, N. Jia, X. Sun, Y. Ren, J. Almer, and Y.D. Wang, Metall. Mater. Trans. A 40A, 1383 (2009). CrossRef
- B. Clausen, T. Lorentzen, M.A.M. Bourke, and M.R. Daymond, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. 259, 17 (1999). CrossRef
- M. Ojima, Y. Adachi, Y. Tomota, K. Ikeda, T. Kamiyama, and Y. Katada, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. 527, 16 (2009). CrossRef
- M. Calcagnotto, D. Ponge, E. Demir, and D. Raabe, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. 527, 2738 (2010). CrossRef
- J. Kadkhodapour, S. Schmauder, D. Raabe, S. Ziaei-Rad, U. Weber, and M. Calcagnotto, Acta Mater. 59, 4387 (2011). CrossRef
- M. Ojima, Y. Adachi, S. Suzuki, and Y. Tomota, Acta Mater. 59, 4177 (2011). CrossRef
- V.H.B. Hernandez, S.S. Nayak, and Y. Zhou, Metall. Mater. Trans. A 42A, 3115 (2011). CrossRef
- O.M. Barabash, M. Santella, R.I. Barabash, G.E. Ice, and J. Tischler, JOM 62 (12), 29 (2010). CrossRef
- W. Liu, P. Zschack, and J. Tischler (Paper presented at the AIP Conference Proceedings: 10th International Conference on X-Ray Microscopy, Chicago, IL, 15–18 August 2010).
- B.C. Larson, W. Yang, G.E. Ice, J.D. Budai, and J.Z. Tischler, Nature 415, 887 (2002). CrossRef
- W.J. Liu, G.E. Ice, B.C. Larson, W.G. Yang, J.Z. Tischler, and J.D. Budai, Metall. Mater. Trans. A 35A, 1963 (2004). CrossRef
- E.W. Huang, R.I. Barabash, G.E. Ice, W.J. Liu, Y.L. Liu, J.J. Kai, and P.K. Liaw, JOM 61 (12), 53 (2009). CrossRef
- Z. Yu, Z. Feng, K. An, W. Zhang, E.D. Specht, J. Chen, X.L. Wang, and S. David (Paper presented at the Trends in Welding Research 2012: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference, Chicago, IL, 4–8 June 2012).
- R.I. Barabash, G.E. Ice, M. Kumar, J. Ilavsky, and J. Belak, Int. J. Plast. 25, 2081 (2009). CrossRef
- Microscopic Deformation in Individual Grains in an Advanced High-Strength Steel
Volume 65, Issue 1 , pp 21-28
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 37831, USA
- 2. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 37996, USA
- 3. Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, 60439, USA