Expression and purification of beefy meaty peptide in Pichia pastoris
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We established a gene expression process to produce a flavor peptide in Pichia pastoris. The octapeptide Lys-Gly-Asp-Glu-Glu-Ser-Leu-Ala was isolated from beef digested by papain, known as “beefy meaty peptide” (BMP). It was considered a savory seasoning in previous literatures. To produce BMP by microorganisms, BMP expression structures encoding tandem repeats of the octapeptide were designed and cloned in E. coli DH5α, then integrated into the AOX1 gene of Pichia pastoris GS115. Clones containing different BMP-gene copies, with 4-copy, 8-copy, 12-copy and 16-copy, were obtained and expressed in Pichia pastoris GS115. For the ease of purification, 6×His tag was fused to the C-termini of the peptides. As a result, the fusion peptides were successfully purified by His-tag bind affinity resin. The BMP fusion peptides with expected sizes were secreted from the resulting strains of P. pastoris GS115.
- Y. Yamasaki and K. A. Maekawa, Agric. Biol. Chem., 42, 1761 (1978).
- Y. Yamasaki and K. Maekawa, Agric. Biol. Chem., 44, 93 (1980).
- K. Wang, J. A. Maga and P. J. Bechtel, J. Food Sci., 61, 837 (1996). CrossRef
- M. Tamura, T. Nakatsuka, M. Tada, Y. Kawasaki, E. Kikuchi and H. Okai, Agric. Biol. Chem., 53, 319 (1989).
- K. Wang, J. A. Maga and P. J. Bechtel, Lebensm.-Wiss Technol., 28, 539 (1995). CrossRef
- K. Sreekrishna, R.G. Brankamp, K. E. Kropp, D. T. Blankenship, J. T. Tsay, P. L. Smith, J. D. Wierschke, A. Subramaniam and L. A. Birkenberger, Gene, 190, 55 (1997). CrossRef
- X. Zhao, K. Huo and Y. Li, Chinese J. Biotechnol., 16, 308 (2000).
- H. Schägger and G. von Jagow, Anal. Chem., 166, 368 (1987).
- S.B. Ellis, P. F. Brust, P. J. Koutz, A. F. Waters, M.M. Harpold, T.R. Gingeras, Mol. Cell. Biol., 5, 1111 (1985).
- J. M. Cregg, K. J. Barringer, A.Y. Hessler and K. R. Madden, Mol. Cell. Blol., 5, 3376 (1985).
- X. Zhong, L. Peng, S. Zheng, Z. Sun, Y. Ren, M. Dong and A. Xu, Pro. Exp. Pur., 36, 165 (2004). CrossRef
- J. Xie, L. Zhang, Q. Ye, Q. Zhou, L. Xin, P. Du and R. Gan, Biotechnol. Lett., 25(2), 173 (2003). CrossRef
- H. J. Chung, S. M. Park, H. R. Kim, M. S. Yang and D. H. Kim, Enzyme. Microb. Technol., 31, 384 (2002). CrossRef
- T. Nakata, M. Takahashi, M. Nakatani, R. Kuramitsu, M. Tamura and H. Okai, Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrichemistry, 59, 689 (1995). CrossRef
- F. J. Moralejo, R. E. Cardoza, S. Gutierrez and J. F. Martin, Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 65, 1168 (1999).
- K. Kondo, Y. Miura, H. Sone, K. Kobayashi and H. Iijima, Nat. Biotechnol., 15, 453 (1997). CrossRef
- Expression and purification of beefy meaty peptide in Pichia pastoris
Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 28, Issue 3 , pp 848-852
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Beefy Meaty Peptide
- Pichia pastoris
- Tandem Repeat
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Tianjin University of Science & Technology, Ministry of Education, Tianjin, 300457, China
- 2. Beijing Kawin Bio-Tech Co., Ltd., Beijing, China
- 3. Faculty of Sciences, Department of Home and Health Sciences, Allama Iqbal Open University, H-8, Islamabad, Pakistan