Catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene over SAPO-34 synthesized with various templates
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A variety of SAPO-34 catalysts were prepared using various templates, such as tetraethylammonium hydroxide (TEAOH), diethylamine (DEA), and a mixture of TEAOH and DEA, and then applied for the first time to the pyrolysis of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The crystal morphology and physicochemical properties were affected by the type of template employed. In particular, an inexpensive SAPO-34 catalyst, with good crystal properties and catalytic performance, was obtained using a mixed-template of DEA and TEAOH. Through N2 isotherm, XRD, SEM and NH3 TPD the effects of the mixed-template on the crystal morphology and acidity were investigated. The catalytic activity of SAPO-34 in the pyrolysis of HDPE was improved with the use of a mixed-template, due to the crystal size, surface area and acidity.
- J. G. Na, B. H. Jeong, S. H. Chung and S. S. Kim, J. Mater. Cycles Waste Manage., 8, 126 (2006). CrossRef
- Y. K. Park, J. S. Kim, J. H. Choi, J. K. Jeon, S. D. Kim, S. S. Kim, J. M. Kim and K. S. Yoo, J. Korean Soc. Waste Manage., 20, 565 (2003).
- Y. K. Park, J. S. Kim, J. K. Jeon, J. E. Lim, J. M. Kim and K. S. Yoo, Polymer-Korea, 29, 122 (2005).
- H. J. Park, J. H. Yim, J. K. Jeon, J. M. Kim, K. S. Yoo and Y. K. Park, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 69, 1125 (2008). CrossRef
- H. J. Park, Y. K. Park, J. I. Dong, J. K. Jeon, J. H. Yim and K. E. Jeong, Res. Chem. Intermed., 34, 727 (2008). CrossRef
- G. J. T. Fernandes, V. J. Fernandes, Jr. and A. S. Araujo, Catal. Today, 75, 233 (2002). CrossRef
- Y. K. Park, K. C. Park and S. K. Ihm, Catal. Today, 44, 165 (1998). CrossRef
- Y. K. Park, S. W. Baek and S. K. Ihm, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 7, 167 (2001).
- H. J. Chae, I. J. Park, Y. H. Song, K. E. Jeong, C. U. Kim, C. H. Shin and S. Y. Jeong, J. Nanosci. Nanotech, 10, 195 (2010). CrossRef
- Y. C. Park, J. Y. Park, D. H. Bae and D. Shun, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 26, 1608 (2009). CrossRef
- L. Tao, G. B. Zhao, J. Qian and Y. K. Qin, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 26, 856 (2009). CrossRef
- S. J. Choi, Y. K. Park, K. E. Jeong, T. W. Kim, H. J. Chae, S. H. Park, J. K. Jeon and S. S. Kim, Korean J. Chem. Eng., DOI: 10.1007/s11814-010-0281-9.
- J. K. Jeon, K. E. Jeong, Y. K. Park and S. K. Ihm, Appl. Catal. A: General, 124, 91 (1995). CrossRef
- D. Chen, K. Moljord, T. Fuglerud and A. Holmen, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 29, 191 (1999). CrossRef
- B. Saha, P. Chowdhury and A. K. Ghoshal, Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 83, 265 (2008). CrossRef
- Catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene over SAPO-34 synthesized with various templates
Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 27, Issue 6 , pp 1768-1772
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- High Density Polyethylene
- Crystal Morphology
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Graduate School of Energy and Environmental System Engineering, University of Seoul, Seoul, 130-743, Korea
- 2. School of Environmental Engineering, University of Seoul, Seoul, 130-743, Korea
- 3. Green Chemistry Research Division, KRICT, Daejeon, 305-600, Korea
- 4. Department of Mineral Resources & Energy Engineering, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, 561-756, Korea
- 5. Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University, Cheonan, 330-717, Korea
- 6. Department of Chemical Engineering, Kangwon National University, Samcheok, 245-711, Korea