Analysis of SNR for acoustic vector sensor linear array in volume and surface-generated noise fields
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Acoustic vector sensor consists of pressure and particle velocity sensors, which measure the three-dimensional acoustic particle velocity, as well as the pressure at one location at the same time. By preserving the amplitude and phase information of the pressure and particle velocity, they possess a number of advantages over traditional scalar sensors. Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) gain (which is often called array gain) is one of such advantages and is always interested by all of us. But it is not unchangeable if the spatial correlation of the noise field varies. Much more important, it is difficult to be given if the noise becomes complex. In this paper, spatial correlation of the vector field of isotropic volume-noise and surface-generated noise has been introduced briefly. Based on the results, the combined SNR output of a vector linear array is investigated and the maximum gain is given in the specified noise. Computer simulation shows that the output of one array in the same noise is not the same in different gestures. And then we find the best gesture through SNR calculation and obtain the biggest gain, which has important meaning to guide how to deploy an array in practice. We also should use the array with respect to the characteristics of the real ambient noise, especially in anisotropic noise field.
- Chen Xinhua, Cai Ping, Hui Junying, Liang Guolong (2003). Directivity of acoustic vector array. Aata Acustica, 28(2), 141–144.
- Cron BF, Sherman CH (1962). Spatial-correlation functions for various noise models. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 34(11), 1732–1736. CrossRef
- Gao Yuan, Du Xuanmin (2002). Study on acoustic vector array gain. Ship Science and Technology, 25(6), 30–33.
- Huang Yiwang, Yang Shie (2007). Spatial correlation coefficients of sound pressure for general ambient noise models. Technical Acoustics, 26(5), 1004–1005.
- Huang Yiwang, Yang Shie (2009). Research on spatial correlation in an acoustic vector noise field. Journal of Harbin Engineering University, 30(11), 1209–1212.
- Huang Yiwang, Yang Shie (2010). Spatial-temporal coherence of acoustic pressure and particle velocity in surface generated noise. Journal of Harbin Engineering University, 31(2), 137–143.
- Liggett WS, Jacobson MJ (1965). Covariance of surface-generated noise in a deep ocean. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 38(2), 303–312. CrossRef
- Sun Guiqing, Yang Desen, Shi Shengguo. (2003). Spatial correlation coefficients of acoustic pressure and particle velocity based on vector hydrophone. Aata Acustica, 28(6), 509–513.
- Urick RJ, Hong Shen (1990). Principles of underwater sound. College of Ship Engineering Press, Harbin, China, 25–28.
- Yan Jin, Luo Xianzhi, Hou Chaohuan. (2006). Spatial coherences of the sound pressure and the particle velocity in underwater ambient noise. Acta Acustica, 31(4), 310–315.
- Analysis of SNR for acoustic vector sensor linear array in volume and surface-generated noise fields
Journal of Marine Science and Application
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 98-104
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Harbin Engineering University
- Additional Links
- signal-to-noise ratio
- spatial correlation
- acoustic vector sensor linear array
- volume-noise model
- surface-generated noise model
- Industry Sectors