Study on the impediment to vibration wave propagation from rigid vibration isolation mass
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Based on the principle of impedance mismatching, the performance of rigid vibration isolation mass in impeding vibration wave propagation was discussed from the perspective of wave approach. Based on FEM, the influence of its weight as well as the cross-section shape parameters on the isolation performance of rigid vibration isolation mass was studied through numerical simulation. The results show that rigid vibration isolation mass can effectively impede the propagation of the medium and high frequency vibration waves, and the heavier the vibration isolation mass, the better the isolation performance. For low frequency waves, the vibration isolation effect is not so obvious; for a rectangular vibration isolation mass, the isolation performance could be effectively improved by increasing the cross-section height and reducing the cross-section width. A useful reference was provided for the application of rigid vibration isolation masses to the vibration isolation and noise reduction of ship structure.
- Che Chidong, Chen Duanshi (2007). Analysis of the effect of blocking mass at corner interface of two plates at arbitrary angles on transmission of plane bending waves. Acta Acustica, 32(3), 282–288.
- Cremer L, Heckl M, Ungar EE (1988). Structure-borne sound. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 316–334.
- Hu Zhongping, Leng Jun (2008). Analysis of mechanism isolation vibration and transmitting of warships structure vibration wave by quadrate steel. Mechanical and Electrical Equipment, 25(4), 44–47.
- Лялуноя ВТ, НLкLфоров АС (1975). Вuброuзоляu̧uЯ в су∂овых консmрукu̧uЯх. Судостроение, Л, 240–282.
- Liu Jianhua, Jin Xianding, Li Xiaobin (2006). Attenuation of the plate flexural wave transmission through a vibration isolation mass. Journal of Ship Mechanics, 10(6), 131–137.
- Liu Jianhua, Jin Xianding, Li Ze (2003). Impediment to structure-borne sound propagation from vibration isolation mass. Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 37(8), 1201–1204.
- Njifulov AC (1998). Ship structure acoustic design. National Defence Industry Press, Beijing, 153–167.
- Ou Dasheng, Yi Tailian, Ma Mao (2005). Study on power machine rigid vibration-isolating technique. Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, 29(6), 869–872.
- Qian Dejin, Yao Xiongliang (2009). Impeding vibration wave propagation from several arranged vibration isolation masses. Applied Acoustics, 28(5), 321–329.
- Shi Yong, Zhu Xi, Hu Zhongping (2003). Influence of quadrate steel beam with vibration-damping structure on vibration of combined plates. Journal of Naval University of Engineering, 15(2), 45–49.
- Shi Yong, Zhu Xi, Liu Runquan (2004). Analysis and experimental research on the role of quadrate steel beam in isolation vibration wave. Shipbuilding of China, 45(2), 36–42.
- Yao Xiongliang, Ji Fang, Qian Dejin, Pang Fuzhen (2009). Characteristics of vibration wave propagation in typical hull structure. Journal of Vibration and Shock, 28(8), 20–24.
- Yao Xiongliang, Qian Dejin, Zhang Aman (2008). Survey and tendency of study on rigid vibration-isolating technique. Chinese Journal of Ship Research, 3(5), 1–6.
- Study on the impediment to vibration wave propagation from rigid vibration isolation mass
Journal of Marine Science and Application
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 63-69
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Harbin Engineering University
- Additional Links
- rigid vibration isolation mass
- principle of impedance mismatching
- vibration wave
- propagation characteristics
- vibration isolation and noise reduction
- Industry Sectors