An operational modal analysis method in frequency and spatial domain
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A frequency and spatial domain decomposition method (FSDD) for operational modal analysis (OMA) is presented in this paper, which is an extension of the complex mode indicator function (CMIF) method for experimental modal analysis (EMA). The theoretical background of the FSDD method is clarified. Singular value decomposition is adopted to separate the signal space from the noise space. Finally, an enhanced power spectrum density (PSD) is proposed to obtain more accurate modal parameters by curve fitting in the frequency domain. Moreover, a simulation case and an application case are used to validate this method.
- Andersen P, Brincker R et al. (1996), “Theory of Covariance Equivalent ARMAV Models of Civil Engineering Structures,” Proceeding of 14 th IMAC, Dearbon, Michigan (USA).
- Bonnecase D and Provosto M (1990), “Application of a Multimentsional ARMA Model to Modal Analysis under Natural Excitation,” Proceeding of 8 th IMAC, Kissimmee, Florida (USA).
- Brincker R, Zhang LM et al. (2000), “Modal Identification from Ambient Response using Frequency Domain Decomposition,” Proceeding of the 18 th IMAC, San Antonio, Texas (USA).
- Ibrahim SR (1977), “Random Decrement Technique for Modal Identification of Structures,” AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, 14(11): 696–700. CrossRef
- James GH, Carne TH and Lauffer JP (1993), “The Natural Excitation Technique (NExT) for Modal Parameter Extraction From Operating Wind Turbine,” Sandia National Laboratories Report, Number SAND92-1666.UC-261.
- Overschee PV and Moor BD (1996), Identification for Linear Systems: Theory, Implementation, Application, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Richardson MH (1986), “Global Frequency & Damping Estimates from Frequency Response Measurements,” Proceeding of 4 th IMAC, Los Angeles, California (USA).
- Shih CY, Tsuei YG et al. (1989), “Complex Mode Indication Function and its Applications to Spatial Domain Parameter Estimation,” Proceeding of the 7 th IMAC, Las Vegas, Nevada (USA).
- Van Der Auweraer H, and Leuridan J (1987), “Multiple Input Orthogonal Polynomial Parameter Estimation,” Mechanical System and Signal Processing, 1(3): 259–272. CrossRef
- Wang T and Zhang LM (2003), “Modal Identification with Frequency Response Function Based on Rational Fraction Orthogonal Polynomials,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, 24(2): 140–143. (in Chinese)
- Zhang LM, Kanda H, Brown D and Allemang R (1985), “A Polyreference Frequency Domain Method for Modal Parameter Identification,” ASME Paper, Number 85-DET-106.
- An operational modal analysis method in frequency and spatial domain
Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration
Volume 4, Issue 2 , pp 295-300
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Institute of Engineering Mechanics, China Earthquake Administration
- Additional Links
- operational modal analysis
- modal parameters identification
- frequency and spatial domain