A carbon nanotube-based sensing element
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A carbon nanotube-based(CNT) sensing element is presented, which consists of substrate, insulating layer, electrodes, carbon nanotube and measuring circuit. The sensing components are a single or array of CNTs, which are located on the two electrodes. The CNT-based sensing element is fabricated by CVD (chemical vapor deposition)-direct-growth on micro-electrodes. The sensing model and measurement method of electromechanical property are also presented. Finally, the voltage-current characteristics are measured, which show that the CNT-based sensing element has good electrical properties.
- Thomas W. Tombler, Nature, 405 (2000), 769. CrossRef
- Jien Cao, Qian Wang, and Hongjie Dai, Physical Review letters, 90(2003), 157601-1.
- E.D. Minot, Yuval Yaish, and Vera Sazonova, Physical Review letters, 90(2003), 156401-1.
- Min-hua Zhao, Zhong-lin Wang, and Scott X Mao, Nano Letters, 4(2004), 587. CrossRef
- Randal J. Grow, Applied Physics Letters, 86(2005), 093104-1.
- C. Stampfer, Nano Letters,6 (2006), 233. CrossRef
- A carbon nanotube-based sensing element
Volume 3, Issue 2 , pp 81-84
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Tianjin University of Technology
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. MEMS Lab., Department of Precision Instruments & Mechanology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
- 2. State Key Lab. of Precision Measurement Technology and Instrumentation, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
- 3. Micro-nano technology research center, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
- 4. Department of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China