Maintenance decision-making method for manufacturing system based on cost and arithmetic reduction of intensity model
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A cost-based selective maintenance decision-making method was presented. The purpose of this method was to find an optimal choice of maintenance actions to be performed on a selected group of machines for manufacturing systems. The arithmetic reduction of intensity model was introduced to describe the influence on machine failure intensity by different maintenance actions (preventive maintenance, minimal repair and overhaul). In the meantime, a resolution algorithm combining the greedy heuristic rules with genetic algorithm was provided. Finally, a case study of the maintenance decision-making problem of automobile workshop was given. Furthermore, the case study demonstrates the practicability of this method.
- YANG Z M, ChANG Q, DJURDJANOVIC D, NI J, LEE J. Maintenance priority assignment utilizing on-line production [J]. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2007, 129(2): 435–445. CrossRef
- SCHNEIDER K, CASSADY C R. Fleet performance under selective maintenance[C]// Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium 2004 Proceedings, Los Angeles, USA: IEEE Press, 2004: 571–576. CrossRef
- RICE W F, CASSADY C R, NACHLAS J A. Optimal maintenance plans under limited maintenance time[C]// Proceedings of the Seventh Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Banff, Alberta Canada: Institute of Industrial Engineering, 1998: 353–368.
- CASSADY C R, MURDOCK W P, POHL E A. Selective maintenance for support equipment involving multiple maintenance actions [J]. European Journal of Operational Research, 2001, 129(1): 252–258. CrossRef
- CASSADY C R, POHL E A, MURDOCK W P. Selective maintenance modeling for industrial systems [J]. Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 2000, 7(2): 104–117. CrossRef
- ZHU Hai-ping, LIU Fan-mao, SHAO Xin-yu, LIU Qiong, DENG Yu-hao. A Cost-based selective maintenance decision-making method for machining line [J]. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 2011, 27(2): 191–201. CrossRef
- DEKKER R. Applications of maintenance optimization models: a review and analysis [J]. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 1996, 51(3): 229–240. CrossRef
- DEKKER R, VAN D S F, WILDERMAN R. A review of multi-component maintenance models with economic dependence [J]. Mathematical Methods of Operational Research, 1997, 45(3): 411–435. CrossRef
- DAYA M B, DUFFUA S O, RAOUF A. Maintenance modelling and optimization [M]. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000: 81–100.
- WANG H. A survey of maintenance policies of deteriorating systems: Invited review [J]. European Journal of Operational Research, 2002, 139(3): 469–489. CrossRef
- VEBER B, NAGODE M, FAJDJAG M. Generalized renewal process for repairable systems based on finite Weibull mixture [J]. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 2008, 93(10): 1461–1472. CrossRef
- GUREL S, AKTURK M S. Scheduling preventive maintenance on a single CNC machine [J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2008, 46(24): 6797–6821. CrossRef
- CHEN A, WU G S. Real-time health prognosis and dynamic preventive maintenance policy for equipment under aging Markovian deterioration [J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2007, 45(15): 3351–3379. CrossRef
- SELIM M, GUREL A S. Machining conditions-based preventive maintenance[J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2007, 45(8): 1725–1743. CrossRef
- LI L, AMBANI S, NI J. Plant-level maintenance decision support system for throughput improvement [J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2009, 47(24): 7047–7061. CrossRef
- SAFAEI N, BANJEVIC D, JARDINE A K S. Impact of the use-based maintenance policy on the performance of cellular manufacturing systems [J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2010, 48(8): 2233–2260. CrossRef
- JATURONNATEE J, MURTHY D N P, BOONDISKULCHOK R. Optimal preventive maintenance of leased equipment with corrective minimal repairs [J]. European Journal of Operational Research, 2006, 174(1): 201–215. CrossRef
- RUEY H Y, KOW C K, WEN L C. Optimal preventive maintenance policy for leased equipment using failure rate reduction [J]. Computer and Industrial Engineering, 2009, 57(1): 304–309. CrossRef
- DOYEN L, GAUDOIN O. Classes of imperfect repair models based no reduction of failure intensity or virtual age [J]. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 2004, 84(1): 45–56. CrossRef
- DIJOUX Y, GAUDOIN O. Two generalized competing risks models for maintenance analysis[C]// Proceedings of 14th ISSAT Int. Conference on Reliability and Quality in Design, Orlando: International Society of Science & Applied Technologies (ISSAT), 2008: 307–315.
- DIJOUX Y, DOYEN L, GAUDOIN O. Conditionally independent generalized competing risks for maintenance analysis[C]// Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Reliability, Glasgow: IOS Press, 2007: 88–95.
- DIJOUX Y, GAUDOIN O. The alert-delay competing risks model for maintenance analysis [J]. Journal of Statistical Planning and inference, 2009, 139(5): 1587–1603. CrossRef
- KIM D H, LIM J H. Optimal periodic preventive maintenance policies based on ARI1 and ARI∞ models[C]// Proceedings of 2nd International Workshop Reliability Testing and Improvement, Busan: World Scientific, 2006: 259–266. CrossRef
- LUST T, ROUX O, RIANE F. Exact and heuristic methods for the selective maintenance problem [J]. European Journal of Operational Research, 2009, 197(3): 1166–1177. CrossRef
- DAVID F P, BABAKALLI M A. Generalized proportional intensities models for repairable systems [J]. Journal of Management Mathematics, 2006, 17(2): 171–185.
- BRETTHAUER K M, SHETTY B. The nonlinear knapsack problem-algorithms and applications [J]. European Journal of Operational Research, 2002, 138(3): 459–472. CrossRef
- GOLDBERG D E. Genetic algorithms in search, Optimization and machine learning [M]. Boston: Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co, 1989: 141–152.
- MAN K F, TANG K S, KWONG S. Genetic algorithms: Concepts and applications in engineering design [J]. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 1996, 43(5): 519–534. CrossRef
- LIU Fan-mao, ZHU Hai-ping, SHAO Xin-yu, GAO Gui-bing. Analysis of horizontal machining center field failure data based on generalized linear mixed model-a case study [J]. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 2011, 27(2): 239–248. CrossRef
- Maintenance decision-making method for manufacturing system based on cost and arithmetic reduction of intensity model
Journal of Central South University
Volume 20, Issue 6 , pp 1559-1571
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Central South University
- Additional Links
- selective maintenance
- preventive maintenance
- arithmetic reduction of intensity model
- hybrid genetic algorithm
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Hunan Provincial Key Laboratory of Mechanical Equipment Health Maintenance, Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan, 411201, China
- 2. State Key Laboratory of Digital Manufacturing Equipment & Technology (Huazhong University of Science and Technology), Wuhan, 430074, China