Design of farmland gis for precision agriculture
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Precision Agriculture, also known as Precision Farming, or Prescription Farming, is a modern agriculture technolgy system, which brings “precision” into agriculture system. All concepts of Precision Agriculture are established on the collection and management of variable cropland information. As the tool of collecting, managing and analyzing spatial data, GIS is the key technology of integrated Precision Agriculture system. This article puts forward the concept of Farmland GIS and designs Farmland GIS into five modules, and specifies the functions of the each module, which builds the foundation for practical development of the software. The study and development of Farmland GIS will propel the spreading of Precision Agriculture technology in China.
- PIAO Xian-shu et al., 1999. Precision Agriculture—A new management technology of agricultural production[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 30(5): 112–116. (in Chinese)
- QI Pu-sheng, 1998. Summary of the technological system and implementation of Precision Agriculture[J]. Journal of Agricultural University of Hebei, 21(4): 81–85. (in Chinese)
- USERY E L, POCKNEE S, BOYDELL B, 1995. Precision farming data management using geographic information systems[J]. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 61(11): 1383–1391.
- YU Ge-nong, ZHOU Yong, 1999. Precision Agriculture and action countermeasure of China[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 12(4): 69–74. (in Chinese)
- ZHANG Bai, 2000. The basic analysis and design of developing Precision Farming in China[J]. Scientia Geographica Sinica, 20(2): 110–114. (in Chinese)
- Design of farmland gis for precision agriculture
Chinese Geographical Science
Volume 13, Issue 1 , pp 20-24
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- Precision Agriculture
- Farmland GIS
- site-specifi crop management
- prescription map