Generalized control of quantum systems in the frame of vector treatment
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
For the state control problem in finite-dimensional quantum systems with any initial state and a goal eigenstate, this paper studies the design method of control laws via the Lyapunov technology and in the vector frame, which ensures the convergence of any initial state toward the goal state. The stability of the closed-loop system in the goal eigenstate is analyzed and proven via the invariance principle. The simulation experiment on a spin-1/2 system shows the effectiveness of the designed control laws.
- G. M. Huang, T. J. Tarn, J. W. Clark. On the controllability of quantum-mechanical systems[J]. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 1983, 24(11): 2608–2618. CrossRef
- C. K. Ong, G. M. Huang, T. J. Tarn, et al. Invertibility of quantum-mechanical control systems[J]. Mathematical Systems Theory, 1984, 17(4): 335–350. CrossRef
- A. P. Peirce. Fifteen years of quantum control: from concept to experiment[M]//Multidiciplinary Research in Control, LNCIS 289. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2003: 65–72. CrossRef
- A. P. Peirce, M. A. Dahleh, H. Rabitz. Optimal control of quantum-mechanical systems: existence, numerical approximation, and applications[J]. Physical Review A, 1988, 37(12): 4950–4964. CrossRef
- S. G. Schirmer, M. D. Girardeau, J. V. Leahy. Efficient algorithm for optimal control of mixed-state quantum systems[J]. Physical Review A, 2000, 61(1): 012101. CrossRef
- D. D’Alessandro, M. Dahleh. Optimal control of two-level quantum systems[J]. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2001, 46(6): 866–876. CrossRef
- S. Kuang, S. Cong. Optimal control of closed quantum systems based on optimized search step length[J]. Journal of the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006, 23(5): 601–606.
- P. Vettori. On the convergence of a feedback control strategy for multilevel quantum systems[C]//Fifteenth International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. South Bend, Indiana, USA, 2002, CD ROM.
- S. Grivopoulos, B. Bamieh. Lyapunov-based control of quantum systems[C]//Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. Maui, Hawaii, USA, 2003: 434–438.
- M. Mazyar, R. Pierre, T. Gabriel. Lyapunov control of bilinear Schrödinger equations[J]. Automatica, 2005, 41(11): 1987–1994. CrossRef
- S. Cong, S. Kuang. Quantum control strategy based on state distance[J]. Acta Automatica Sinica, 2007, 33(1): 28–31. CrossRef
- S. Kuang, S. Cong. Lyapunov control methods of closed quantum systems[J]. Automatica, 2008, 44: 98–108. CrossRef
- A. Assion, B. Baumert, M. Bergt, et al. Control of chemical reactions by feedback-optimized phase-shaped femtosecond laser pulses[J]. Science, 1998, 282(5390): 919–922. CrossRef
- M. Q. Phan, H. Rabitz. A self-guided algorithm for learning control of quantum-mechanical systems[J]. Journal Chemical Physics, 1999, 110(1): 34–41. CrossRef
- H. Zhu, H. Rabitz. Quantum control design via adaptive tracking[J]. Journal of Chemical Physics, 2003, 119(7): 3619–3625. CrossRef
- C. Altafini. Controllability of quantum mechanical systems by root space decomposition of su(N)[J]. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 2002, 43(5): 2051–2062. CrossRef
- V. Ramakrishna, R. J. Ober, K. L. Flores, et al. Control of a coupled two-spin system without hard pulses[J]. Physical Review A, 2002, 65(6): 063405. CrossRef
- Generalized control of quantum systems in the frame of vector treatment
Journal of Control Theory and Applications
Volume 7, Issue 4 , pp 395-399
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- South China University of Technology and Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS
- Additional Links
- Closed quantum system
- Lyapunov technology
- Invariance principle