LMI-based robust iterative learning controller design for discrete linear uncertain systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper addresses the design problem of robust iterative learning controllers for a class of linear discrete-time systems with norm-bounded parameter uncertainties. An iterative learning algorithm with current cycle feedback is proposed to achieve both robust convergence and robust stability. The synthesis problem of the proposed iterative learning control (ILC) system is reformulated as a y-suboptimal H-infinity control problem via the linear fractional transformation (LFT) .A sufficient condition for the convergence of the ILC algorithm is presented in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs) . Furthermore, the linear transfer operators of the ILC algorithm with high convergence speed are obtained by using existing convex optimization techniques. The simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- S. Arimoto, S. Kawamura, F. Miyazaki. Bettering operation of robots by learning [J]. J. Robotic Systems, 1984,1(1): 123–140. CrossRef
- R. W. Longman. Iterative learning control and repetitive control for engineering practice [J]. Int. J. of Control, 2000,73:930–954. CrossRef
- K. Lee, S. Bang, K. Chang. Feedback-assisted iterative learning control based on an inverse process model [J]. J. of Process Control, 1994,4(2): 77–89. CrossRef
- N. Amman, D. H. Owens, E. Rogers, et al. An H∞ approach to linear iterative learning control design [J]. Int. J. of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, 1996,10(4): 767–781.
- D. De Roover. Synthesis of a robust iterative learning controller using an H∞ approach [C] // Proc. of the 35th Conf. on Decision and Control. Kobe Japan, 1996:3044-3049.
- J. H. Moon, T. Y. Doh, M. J. Chung. A robust approach to iterative learning control design for uncertain systems [J]. Automatica, 1998,34 (8):1001–10O4. CrossRef
- T. Y. Doh, J. H. Moon, K. B. Jin, et al. Robust ILC with current feedback for uncertain linear systems [J]. Int. J. of Systems Science, 1999, 30(l):39–47. CrossRef
- K. Zhou, J. C. Doyle, K. Glover. Robust and Optimal Control [M]. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentifce Hall, 1996.
- S. Boyd, L. E. Ghaoui, E. Feron, et al. Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory [M]. Philadelphia, PA: SIAM, 1994.
- P. Gahinet, P. Apkarian. A linear matrix inequality approach to H∞ Control [J]. Int.]. of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 1994,4(4): 421–448. CrossRef
- L. Yu, J. Chu. An LMI approach to guaranteed cost control of linear uncertain time-delay systems [J]. Automatica, 1999,35(6): 1155–1159. CrossRef
- A. Packard, K. Zhou, P. Pandey, et al. A collection of robust control problems leading to LMI’s [C] // Proc. of the 30th Conf. on Decision and Control. Brighton, England, 1991:1245-1250.
- D. Gorinevsky. Loop shaping for iterative control of batch processes [J]. IEEE Control Systems Magazine, 2002,12(6): 55–65. CrossRef
- LMI-based robust iterative learning controller design for discrete linear uncertain systems
Journal of Control Theory and Applications
Volume 3, Issue 3 , pp 259-265
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Editorial Board of Control Theory & Applications
- Additional Links
- Iterative learning control
- H-infinity control
- Linear fractional transformation
- Linear matrix inequality(LMI)
- Industry Sectors