Perspectives: professionalism and cardio-thoracic surgery
- Yuichi Ueda
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The review was submitted at the invitation of the editorial committee.
Congress President of the 64th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery.
- Omodaka H. Ethics of Physician (“Ishi no Rinri” in Japanese) Chuo Koron No. 983, 1969.
- Medical Professionalism Project. Medical professionalism in the new millennium: a physician charter. Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136(3):243–6. Lancet. 2002;359(9305):520–2.
- By the Law of the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery (in Japanese). http://www.jpats.org/modules/about/index.php?content_id=4.
- Society Mission of The Society for Thoracic Surgeons. http://www.sts.org/about-sts.
- Code of Ethics of American Association for Thoracic Surgery. http://aats.org/Association/Policies/Code_of_Ethics.cgi.
- Code of Professional Conduct of American College of Surgeons. http://www.facs.org/memberservices/codeofconduct.html.
- NOTSS: Non-Technical Skills for Surgeons. http://www.abdn.ac.uk/iprc/notss/.
- Reason J. The human contribution: unsafe acts, accidents and heroic recoveries. Surrey: Ashgate; 2008. p. 184–94.
- Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. LT Kohn, JM Corrigan (eds) To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington D.C.: National Academy Press; 2000. p. 132–54.
- Altman DE, Clancy C, Blendon RJ. Improving patient safety—five years after the IOM report. N Engl J Med. 2004;351:2041–3. CrossRef
- Gawande A. The Checklist Manfesto. How to get things right. New York: Picador; 2009.
- Perspectives: professionalism and cardio-thoracic surgery
General Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Volume 61, Issue 5 , pp 241-245
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Japan
- Additional Links
- Role of surgical association
- Patient safety
- Industry Sectors
- Yuichi Ueda (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Chief Operating and Medical Officer, Tenri Hospital, Tenri Institute of Medical Research, 200 Mishima, Tenri, Nara, 632, Japan