Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To observe the clinical effect of aligned needling method in treating idiopathic blepharospasm.
Seventy-eight patients with idiopathic blepharospasm were randomized into two groups. Forty-six cases in the treatment group were treated with aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscles; 32 cases in the control group were treated with anticonvulsants. Therapeutic effects were compared after 3 treatment courses.
The total effective rate was 93.5% in the treatment group versus 75.0% in the control group, and the difference was statistically significant (P<0.05).
Aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscle has better therapeutic effect than anticonvulsants in treating blepharospasm.
- Jankovic, J, Kenney, C, Grafe, S, Goertelmeyer, R, Comes, G (2009) Relationship between various clinical outcome assessments in patients with blepharospasm. Mov Disord 24: pp. 407-413 CrossRef
- Sun, S, Xu, NJ (2005) Operation for idiopathic blepharospasm. Zhongguo Shiyong Yanke Zazhi 23: pp. 1326-1327
- Zeng QH. Ophthalmology of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Beijing: China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2003: 123-125.
- Jiang, NK (2006) Treatment of 35 cases of blepharospasm with thunder-fire moxibustion plus Chinese medication. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi 25: pp. 8
- Han, SK, Zhang, BC, Zuo, YF, Wen, XY (2010) Observation on the efficacy of muscle-region alignment needling plus skin acupuncture in treating post-stroke upper limb spasticity. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi 29: pp. 284-286
- Shi, Z, Wu, HG, Kou, ST, Zhang, R, Liu, LG (2008) Guiding role of muscle region theory in acupuncture anesthesia. J Acupunct Tuina Sci 6: pp. 321-323 CrossRef
- Liu, J, Zhang, CY (2005) Treatment of 72 lumbodorsal myofascitis cases by muscle-region alignment acupuncture plus movable cupping. J Acupunct Tuina Sci 3: pp. 30-31 CrossRef
- Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 101-103
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Research Institute of Acupuncture and Meridian
- Additional Links
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Needling Methods
- Author Affiliations
- 1667. Ophthalmology Department, Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, 310006, China
- 2667. Ophthalmology Department, Dongfang Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, 100078, China