Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
- Hai-ying DuAffiliated withOphthalmology Department, Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine Email author
- , Xing-yuan YuAffiliated withOphthalmology Department, Dongfang Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To observe the clinical effect of aligned needling method in treating idiopathic blepharospasm.
Seventy-eight patients with idiopathic blepharospasm were randomized into two groups. Forty-six cases in the treatment group were treated with aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscles; 32 cases in the control group were treated with anticonvulsants. Therapeutic effects were compared after 3 treatment courses.
The total effective rate was 93.5% in the treatment group versus 75.0% in the control group, and the difference was statistically significant (P<0.05).
Aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscle has better therapeutic effect than anticonvulsants in treating blepharospasm.
Key WordsAcupuncture Therapy Needling Methods Blepharospasm
- Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 101-103
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Research Institute of Acupuncture and Meridian
- Additional Links
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Needling Methods
- Author Affiliations
- 1667. Ophthalmology Department, Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, 310006, China
- 2667. Ophthalmology Department, Dongfang Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, 100078, China