Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To observe the clinical effect of aligned needling method in treating idiopathic blepharospasm.
Seventy-eight patients with idiopathic blepharospasm were randomized into two groups. Forty-six cases in the treatment group were treated with aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscles; 32 cases in the control group were treated with anticonvulsants. Therapeutic effects were compared after 3 treatment courses.
The total effective rate was 93.5% in the treatment group versus 75.0% in the control group, and the difference was statistically significant (P<0.05).
Aligned needling method applied to orbicularis oculi muscle has better therapeutic effect than anticonvulsants in treating blepharospasm.
- Jankovic J, Kenney C, Grafe S, Goertelmeyer R, Comes G. Relationship between various clinical outcome assessments in patients with blepharospasm. Mov Disord, 2009, 24(3): 407–413. CrossRef
- Sun S, Xu NJ. Operation for idiopathic blepharospasm. Zhongguo Shiyong Yanke Zazhi, 2005, 23(12): 1326–1327.
- Zeng QH. Ophthalmology of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Beijing: China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2003: 123-125.
- Jiang NK. Treatment of 35 cases of blepharospasm with thunder-fire moxibustion plus Chinese medication. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2006, 25(12): 8.
- Han SK, Zhang BC, Zuo YF, Wen XY. Observation on the efficacy of muscle-region alignment needling plus skin acupuncture in treating post-stroke upper limb spasticity. Shanghai Zhenjiu Zazhi, 2010, 29(5): 284–286.
- Shi Z, Wu HG, Kou ST, Zhang R, Liu LG. Guiding role of muscle region theory in acupuncture anesthesia. J Acupunct Tuina Sci, 2008, 6(6): 321–323. CrossRef
- Liu J, Zhang CY. Treatment of 72 lumbodorsal myofascitis cases by muscle-region alignment acupuncture plus movable cupping. J Acupunct Tuina Sci, 2005, 3(4): 30–31. CrossRef
- Clinical observation on aligned needling in treating idiopathic blepharospasm
Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 101-103
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Research Institute of Acupuncture and Meridian
- Additional Links
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Needling Methods
- Author Affiliations
- 1667. Ophthalmology Department, Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, 310006, China
- 2667. Ophthalmology Department, Dongfang Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, 100078, China