Clinical study on deep insertion at Tianshu (ST 25) for colonic slow transit constipation
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
To observe the clinical effect of deep insertion at Tianshu (ST 25) for colonic slow transit constipation (STC).
120 cases of STC patients were randomly divided, 60 cases in a deep insertion group, 30 cases in an electroacupuncture group and 30 cases in a medication group by 2:1:1 ratio. The deep insertion group was treated with deep insertion at Tianshu (ST 25). The electroacupuncture group was treated with routine insertion at Tianshu (ST 25). The medication group was treated with oral administration of Lactulose oral liquid. The first voluntary defecation time, and constipation scores before the treatment, four weeks after the treatment and relevant scores of clinical symptoms were assessed in the three groups of the patients.
The scores of the clinical symptoms in improvement of constipation were better in the deep insertion group than in the electroacupuncture group and medication group, with differences in statistical significance (P<0.01). The unsuccessful numbers in the improvement of defecation and abdominal pain were also better in the deep insertion group than in the other two groups, and better in instant effect in the deep insertion.
The improvement of STC clinical symptoms was better by deep insertion at Tianshu (ST 25) than by medication and routine acupuncture method at Tianshu (ST 25).
观察深刺天枢穴治疗结肠慢传输型便秘(Slow Transit Constipation, STC)的临床疗效。
将120 例STC患者按照2:1:1 的比例, 随机分为深刺组60 例, 电针组30 例, 西药组30 例。 深刺组采用深刺天枢穴治疗; 电针组采用常规针刺天枢穴治疗; 西药组采用口服乳果糖口服液治疗。 评价三组患者首次自主排便时间及治疗前、 治疗4 星期后患者便秘评分及相关临床症状评分。
深刺组改善便秘临床症状评分优于电针组和西药组,差异有统计学意义(P<0.01)。 深刺组在改善排便不成功次数及腹痛等症状上也优于其他两组, 且深刺的即刻效应较好。
- Jin JF, Yang GG. Treatment of colonic slow transit constipation and its progress. Zhe Jiang Chuang Shang Wai Ke, 2007, 12(5): 469–470.
- American College of Gastroenterology Chronic Constipation Task Force. An evidence based approach to the management of chronic constipation in North America. Am J Gastroenterol, 2005, 100 (Suppl 1): S1–S4. CrossRef
- Locke GR 3rd, Pemberton JH, Phillips SF. American gastroenterological association medical position statement: guidelines on constipation. Gastroenterology, 2000, 119(6): 1761–1766. CrossRef
- Zhang SB, Qin YH. Clinical base of constipation. Beijing. Scientific and Technical Document Publishing House, 1997: 52-66.
- Ge XS, Shi GX. Treatment of 56 cases of colonic slow transit constipation by acupuncture and herbal medicine. Fu Jian Zhong Yi Yao, 2002, 33(6): 36.
- Lin RZ, Gan JX. Discussion on research thought of the mechanism to deeply acupuncturing Tianshu acupoint to treat functional constipation. Zhe Jiang Zhong Yi Yao Da Xue Xue Bao, 2009, 33(6): 863–864.
- Jin X, Wang LL. Clinical idea for acupuncture treatment of chronic functional constipation. Shang Hai Zhen Jiu Za Zhi, 2008, 27(8): 35–37.
- Zhang W, Liu ZS, Li J. Treatment of 30 patients with colonic slow-transport constipation by deep puncture point Tianshu. Shang Hai Zhen Jiu Za Zhi, 2005,24(10):26–27.
- Chen YH, Cao LH, Wang MG. Clinical analysis of lactulose treatment for functional constipation in infants. Yan An Da Xue Xue Bao (Yi Xue Ke Xue Ban), 2004, 2(1): 34.
- Johanson JF. Review of the treatment options for chronic constipation. MedGenMed, 2007, 9(2): 25
- Clinical study on deep insertion at Tianshu (ST 25) for colonic slow transit constipation
Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 46-50
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Research Institute of Acupuncture and Meridian
- Additional Links
- Acupuncture Therapy
- Deep insertion
- Point ST 25 (Tianshu)
- Colonic Diseases
- 穴, 天枢
- 结肠疾病, 功能性
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Guang’anmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, 100053, P. R. China
- 2. Beijing Huguosi Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, 100035, P. R. China
- 3. Beijing Hospital for Anorectal Diseases, Beijing, 100032, P. R. China