Effects of acupuncture-moxibustion on monocyte Th1/Th2 cytokine in peripheral blood of patients with perennial allergic rhinitis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
观察针灸对常年性变应性鼻炎患者临床症状、 体征、 Th1/Th2 细胞因子的影响, 以及对Th1/Th2 的调控作用, 以期为针灸治疗本病提供客观依据, 进而探讨其作用机制。
选择30 例常年性变应性鼻炎患者为治疗组, 30 例健康人为对照组。 治疗前、 第1 疗程后、 第2 疗程后观察临床症状和体征的评分, 观察鼻黏膜, 采用酶联免疫吸附试验(ELISA)测定外周血单个核细胞(PBMC)经PHA诱导培养后上清液中的白细胞介素-4(IL-4)、 干扰素-γ(IFN-γ)以及粒细胞-巨噬细胞集落刺激因子(GM-CSF)的含量。
治疗组治疗前的IL-4、GM-CSF水平均显著高于对照组(P<0.01), 而IFN-γ水平显著低于对照组(P<0.01)。 治疗组的GM-CSF水平与IL-4 呈正相关 (P<0.01), 与IFN-γ呈负相关 (P<0.01)。 治疗组经治疗后IL-4 和GM-CSF水平较治疗前均有显著性下降(P<0.01), IFN-γ水平升高 (P<0.05), 且治疗后IL-4、GM-CSF、IFN-γ水平均与对照组无显著性差异。
针灸对常年性变应性鼻炎患者症状及体征有明显的改善作用, 并且能够加强机体免疫力。 调节患者体内Th1 和Th2 细胞因子的表达, 纠正失衡的Th1/Th2 细胞因子网络可能是产生疗效的机制。
To observe the effects of acupuncture-moxibustion on symptoms, signs, and Th1/Th2 cytokine, and regulation on Th1/Th2 in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis(PAR) to provide experimental basis for acupuncture treating allergic rhinitis and investigate the mechanism.
Thirty patients with allergic rhinitis were treated with acupuncture-moxibustion, and 30 healthy cases were the control. Clinical symptoms, signs, and nasal mucosa were observed, and contents of IL-4, IFN-γ, and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) in the supernatant of peripheral blood monocyte cultured with PHA by ELISA, before treatment, after one course of treatment, and after two courses of treatment.
Before the treatment, the contents of IL-4, and GM-CSF were higher (P<0.01) and IFN-γ was lower (P<0.01) in the PAR cases than in the control cases. In the PAR cases, the content of GM-CSF was positive correlation with that of IL-4 (P<0.01), and negative correlation with IFN-γ (P<0.01). After the treatment, contents of IL-4 and GM-CSF were lowed (P<0.01), content of IFN-γ was increased (P<0.05), and all IL-4, GM-CSF and IFN-γ had no difference compared with those in the control cases.
Acupuncture-moxibustion could improve the symptoms and signs in PAR patients, enhance the immune function. It may be achieved by regulating the expression of Th1 and Th2, correcting the imbalance of Th1/Th2.
- Otorhinolaryngology Society of Chinese Medical Association, Editorial Board of Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology. The Criteria of Diagnosis and Effects Evaluation for Allergic Rhinitis. Chin J Otorhinol, 1998, 33(3): 134–135.
- SHU Huai. Diagnosis Criteria of Otolaryngological Diseases. Beijing: Science Press, 2001: 526–527.
- YAO Xin-sheng. Research Progress of Th1 and Th2. Foreign Medical Sciences (Section of Immunology Foreign Medical Sciences), 2002, 25(6): 290–293.
- XU Zhi-hong, YANG Cheng-zhang. Imbalance of Th1/Th2 and Allergic Rhinitis. Clinical Journal of Otolaryngology, 2004, 18(8): 510–512.
- Effects of acupuncture-moxibustion on monocyte Th1/Th2 cytokine in peripheral blood of patients with perennial allergic rhinitis
Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science
Volume 8, Issue 2 , pp 85-88
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai Research Institute of Acupuncture and Meridian
- Additional Links
- 鼻炎, 变应性, 常年性
- Rhinitis, Allergic, Perennial
- Acupuncture-moxibustion Therapy