On Mirrors of Virtue
- Lisa Raphals
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Barnes, Jonathan. 1976. “Introduction.” In The Ethics of Aristotle. Trans. by J. A. K. Thomson. Harmondsworth: Penguin
- _____, ed. 1984. The Revised Oxford Translations of the Completed Works of Aristotle. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Chan, Wing-tsit. 1963. A Source Book in Chinese Philosophy. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Hansen, Chad. 1996. “De virtuosity and Virtue Ethics in Classical Chinese Thought.” In Chinese Language, Thought, and Culture: Nivison and His Critics. Ed. by P. J. Ivanhoe. LaSalle Ind: Open Court.
- MacIntyre, Alasdair. 1991. “Incommensurability, Truth, and the Conversation Between Confucians and Aristotelians about the Virtues.” In Culture and Modernity. Ed. by Eliot Deutsch. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.
- Maspéro, Henri. 1933 “Le mot ming.” Journal Asiatique 223: 249–96.
- Raphals, Lisa. 1998. Sharing the Light: Representations of Women and Virtue in Early China. Albany: State University of New York Press.
- _____. 2002. “A Woman Who Understood the Rites.” In Confucius and the Analects. Ed. by Bryan Van Norden. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Sim, May. 2009. “Review of Yu Jiyuan, The Ethics of Confucius and Aristotle: Mirrors of Virtue.” Dao 8: 225–232. CrossRef
- Williams, Bernard. 1985. Ethics and the Limits of Philosophy. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Yu, Jiyuan. 2007. The Ethics of Confucius and Aristotle: Mirrors of Virtue. New York and London: Routledge.
- On Mirrors of Virtue
Volume 10, Issue 3 , pp 349-357
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Comparative ethics
- Lisa Raphals (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore, 3 Arts Link, AS3 #05-17, Singapore, 117570, Singapore
- 2. Department of Comparative Literature and Foreign Languages, 2401 HMNSS Building, University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA, 92521-0321, USA