Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 07 Mar 2007
The European Charter on Counteracting Obesity
- Mervyn Deitel MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- European Charter on Counteracting Obesity. http://www.euro.who.int/document/E89567.pdf (accessed January 16, 2007).
- WHO Strategy: Diet and Physical Activity http://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/strategy/eb11344/en (accessed January 12, 2007)
- The challenge of obesity in the WHO European Region and the strategies for response. Pages 44–45. WHO European Ministerial Conference on Counteracting Obesity. Instanbul, Turkey, November 15–17, 2006. http://www.euro.who.int/Document/NUT/Instanbul_conf_edoc06.pdf (accessed January 16, 2007).
- Interdisciplinary European Guidlines for Severe (Morbid) Obesity. Obes Surg 2007; 17: 260–70.
- Anand, SS (2006) Obesity: the emerging cost of economic prosperity. CMAJ 175: pp. 1081-1082
- Deitel, M (2004) It’s a fat, fat, fat, fat world! (Editorial). Obes Surg 14: pp. 856-870
- Fast food, central nervous system insulin resistance, and obesity. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2005; 25: 2451–62.
- Nelson, MC, Gordon-Larsen, P, Adair, LS (2005) Adolescent physical activity and sedentary behavior: patterning and long-term maintenance. Am J Prev Med 28: pp. 259-266 CrossRef
- Veugelers, PJ, Fitzgerald, AL (2005) Prevelance of and risk factors for childhood overweight and obesity. CMAJ 173: pp. 607-613
- Frank, LD, Andersen, MA, Schmid, TL (2004) Obesity relationships with community design, physical activity, and time spent in cars. Am J Prev Med 27: pp. 87-96 CrossRef
- Pipe A. Get active about physical activity. Ask, advise, assist: get your patients moving. Can Fam Phys 2002; 48: 13–4, 21–3.
- Mendez, MA, Monteiro, CA, Popkin, BM (2005) Overweight exceeds underweight among women in most developing countries. Am J Clin Nutr 81: pp. 714-721
- Olshansky, JF, Passero, DJ, Hershow, RC (2005) A potential decline in life expectancy in the United States in the 21st century. N Engl J Med 352: pp. 1135-1137 CrossRef
- Oomen, CM, Ocke, MC, Feskens, EJM (2001) Associations between trans fatty acid intake and 10-year risk of coronary heart disease in the Zutphen elderly: a prospective population based study. Lancet 357: pp. 746-751 CrossRef
- The European Charter on Counteracting Obesity
Volume 17, Issue 2 , pp 143-144
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Mervyn Deitel MD (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Toronto, Canada