Date: 18 Apr 2012
Organ Donation, Discrimination After Death, Anti-Vaccination Sentiments, and Tuberculosis Management
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bhatia, V. 2010. Enhancing private sector contribution to TB care in India. Geneva: The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. http://tbpartnershipindia.org/documents/Enhancing%20private%20sector%20contribution%20to%20TB%20care%20in%20India.pdf.
- Boehme, CC, Nabeta, P, Hillemann, D (2010) Rapid molecular detection of tuberculosis and rifampin resistance. The New England Journal of Medicine 363: pp. 1005-1015 CrossRef
- Building on progress: Where next for organ donation policy in the UK?. British Medical Association, London
- Applying behavioural insight to health. Cabinet Office, London
- Deputy Director General, Head Central TB Division, Project Director RNTCP. 2011. No title. http://tbcindia.nic.in/pdfs/Letter_Serodiagnosis.pdf. Accessed March 7, 2012.
- Ghanashyam B. 2011. Tuberculosis diagnostics: Innovating to make a difference. Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy 9(4): 381–384. http://www.expert-reviews.com/doi/pdf/10.1586/eri.11.18.
- Health Care Complaints Commission [HCCC]. 2010. Public warning about Australian Vaccination Network (AVN). http://web.archive.org/web/20110718000811/http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/Publications/Media-Releases/PUBLIC-WARNING-/default.aspx.
- Muniyandi, M, Rajeswari, R, Balasubramanian, R, Thomas, A, Santha, T, Narayanan, PR (2010) India’s Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP): Budget and performance. Journal of Health Management 12: pp. 261-271 CrossRef
- Organs for transplants: A report from the Organ Donation Taskforce. Department of Health, London
- Pai, M, Ramsay, A, O’Brien, R (2008) Evidence-based tuberculosis diagnosis. PLoS Medicine 5: pp. e156 CrossRef
- Sehgal, S, Dewan, PK, Chauhan, LS, Sahu, S, Wares, F, Granich, R (2007) Public-private mix TB activities in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, North India: Delivering dots via collaboration with private providers and non-governmental organizations. The Indian Journal of Tuberculosis 54: pp. 79-83
- Singh, JA, Upshur, R, Padayatchi, N (2007) XDR-TB in South Africa: No time for denial or complacency. PLoS Medicine 4: pp. e50 CrossRef
- Small, PM, Pai, M (2010) Tuberculosis diagnosis—time for a game change. The New England Journal of Medicine 363: pp. 1070-1071 CrossRef
- Specter, M. 2010. A deadly misdiagnosis: Is it possible to save the millions of people who die from TB? The New Yorker, November 15. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/11/15/101115fa_fact_specter. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- Steingart, KR, Henry, M, Laal, S (2007a) A systematic review of commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis. Thorax 62: pp. 911-918
- Steingart, KR, Henry, M, Laal, S (2007b) Commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis: A systematic review. PLoS Medicine 4: pp. e202 CrossRef
- Steingart, K.R., M. Pai, and D. Dowdy. 2010. Serological tests for tuberculosis: The evidence is reviewed. Paper presented November 11 in Berlin, Germany. http://www.stoptb.org/wg/new_diagnostics/assets/documents/3.1_KarenSteingart_SerologicalTests.pdf.
- Stop TB Partnership. 2011. WHO warns against the use of inaccurate blood tests for active tuberculosis. http://www.stoptb.org/news/stories/2011/ns11_050.asp. Accessed September 15, 2011.
- Thaler, R, Sunstein, C (2009) Nudge: Improving decisions about health, wealth, and happiness. Penguin, London
- Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance. 2009. International standards for tuberculosis care: Diagnosis, treatment, public health, 2nd edition. The Hague: Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance. http://www.tbcta.org/Uploaded_files/Zelf/ISTCReport2ndEdition1258118339.pdf.
- Uplekar, M, Juvekar, S, Morankar, S, Rangan, S, Nunn, P (1998) Tuberculosis patients and practitioners in private clinics in India. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2: pp. 324-329
- World Health Organization [WHO]. 2010a. Framework for implementing new tuberculosis diagnostics. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/tb/laboratory/whopolicyframework_july10_revnov10.pdf.
- World Health Organization [WHO]. 2010b. Global tuberculosis control 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241564069_eng.pdf.
- World Health Organization [WHO]. 2010c. Guidance on ethics of tuberculosis prevention, care and control. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241500531_eng.pdf.
- World Health Organization [WHO]. 2010d. Multidrug and extensively drug-resistant TB (M/XDR-TB): 2010 global report on surveillance and response. Geneva: World Health Organization. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2010/9789241599191_eng.pdf.
- Organ Donation, Discrimination After Death, Anti-Vaccination Sentiments, and Tuberculosis Management
Journal of Bioethical Inquiry
Volume 9, Issue 2 , pp 125-133
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Research Fellow, Institute for Science, Ethics, and Innovation, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- 2. National Practice Group Leader, Medical Law, Slater & Gordon; Adjunct Fellow, School of Law, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- 3. School of Law, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- 4. Centre for Health Governance Law and Ethics, Sydney Law School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- 5. Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA), University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa
- 6. Sandra Rotman Centre for Global Health, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
- 7. Dalla Lana School of Public Health and Joint Centre for Bioethics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- 8. McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 9. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave, E3-49, Toronto, ON M4N, 3M5, Canada
- 10. Adelaide Law School, University of Adelaide, North Tce Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia