Date: 19 Jan 2012
Sale of Sperm, Health Records, Minimally Conscious States, and Duties of Candour
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Andrews, K, Murphy, L, Munday, R, Littlewood, C (1996) Misdiagnosis of the vegetative state: Retrospective study in a rehabilitation unit. British Medical Journal 313: pp. 13-16 CrossRef
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. 2008. Open disclosure standard: A national standard for open communication in public and private hospitals, following an adverse event in health care. http://www.health.qld.gov.au/psq/od/docs/odst.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2011. Public and private sector medical indemnity claims in Australia 2007–08. Safety and quality of health care no. 7. Cat. no. HSE 90. Canberra: AIHW. http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737418323. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- BBC. 2011. Death plea case rejected by judge. September 28. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15082763. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- Christiaans-Dingelhoff, I, Smits, M, Zwaan, L, Lubberding, S, Wal, G, Wagner, C (2011) To what extent are adverse events found in patient records reported by patients and healthcare professionals via complaints, claims and incident reports?. BMC Health Services Research 11: pp. 49 CrossRef
- Department of Health. 2010a. The NHS Constitution. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/@ps/documents/digitalasset/dh_113645.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2010b. Equality analysis: Implementing a ‘duty of candour’; a new contractual requirement on providers. London: DH Patient Safety Team. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_130442.pdf.. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2011a. Implementing a ‘duty of candour’; a new contractual requirement on providers. Proposals for consultation. London: DH Patient Safety Team. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_130443.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2011b. Government response to the NHS Future Forum report. Norwich: The Stationery Office. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_127719.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Fagerlin, A, Schneider, CE (2004) Enough: The failure of the living will. The Hastings Center Report 34: pp. 30-42 CrossRef
- Fuller, LL (1969) The morality of law. Revised edition. Yale University Press, New Haven
- Gallagher, T, Wayerman, A, Garbutt, J (2006) US and Canadian physicians attitudes and experiences regarding disclosing errors to patients. Archives of Internal Medicine 166: pp. 1605-1611 CrossRef
- General Medical Council. 2009. Good medical practice. http://www.gmc-uk.org/static/documents/content/GMP_0910.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Giacino, JT, Ashwal, S, Childs, N (2002) The minimally conscious state: Definition and diagnostic criteria. Neurology 58: pp. 349-353
- Huxtable, R (2007) Euthanasia, ethics and law: From conflict to compromise. Routledge-Cavendish, London
- Madden, B, Cockburn, T (2011) Property rights in and entitlement to possession of sperm following death. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 8: pp. 324-327
- Medical Board of Australia. 2009. Good medical practice: A code of conduct for doctors in Australia. http://www.medicalboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2F1277&dbid=AP&chksum=eNjZ0Z%2FajN7oxjvHXDRQnQ%3D%3D. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- New South Wales Health Care Complaints Commission. 2011. Annual report 2010–11. Sydney: Health Care Complaints Commission. http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/Publications/Annual-Reports/default.aspx. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- O’Connor, E, Coates, HM, Yardley, IE, Wu, AW (2010) Disclosure of patient safety incidents: A comprehensive review. International Journal for Quality in Health Care 22: pp. 371-379 CrossRef
- Stewart, C (2009) Court of appeal recognizes property rights in human tissue. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 6: pp. 157-158 CrossRef
- Studdert, DM, Piper, D, Iedema, R (2010) Legal aspects of open disclosure II: Attitudes of health professionals—finding from a national survey. Medical Journal of Australia 193: pp. 351-355
- Sale of Sperm, Health Records, Minimally Conscious States, and Duties of Candour
Journal of Bioethical Inquiry
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 7-14
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Centre for Health Governance, Law and Ethics, Sydney Law School, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2006
- 2. Law School, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia, 5005
- 3. Centre for Ethics in Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TH, UK
- 4. School of Law, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- 5. School of Law, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD, Australia