Discussing Difference and Dealing With Desolation and Despair
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
- Berlin, I. 1991. The crooked timber of humanity: Chapters in the history of ideas. Ed. H. Henry. New York: Knopf.
- Dershowitz, A. 2009. Political correctness, speech codes, and diversity. In Morality and moral controversies: Readings in moral, social, and political philosophy, 8th ed, ed. J. Arthur and S. Scalet, 548–549. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Foucault, M. 1995. Discipline and punish: The birth of the prison, 2nd edition. Trans. A. Sheridan. New York: Vintage Books. Originally published as Suveiller et punir: Naissance de la prison (Paris: Éditions Gallimard, 1975).
- Frankl, V.E. 1984. Man’s search for meaning: An introduction to logotherapy, 3rd edition. Trans. I. Lasch, preface by G.W. Allport. New York: Simon and Schuster. Originally published as Ein Psycholog erlebt das Konzentrationslager (Vienna: Verlag für Jugend und Volk, 1946).
- Hobbes, T. 1982. Leviathan. Ed. C.B. Macpherson. London: Penguin Books. Originally published as Leviathan or the matter, forme and power of a common wealth ecclesiasticall and civil (London: Andrew Crooke, 1651).
- Hohfeld, W.N. 2000. Fundamental legal conceptions as applied in judicial reasoning. Ed. W.W. Cook, foreword by A.L. Corbin. Union, NJ: The Lawbook Exchange, Ltd. Originally published as Fundamental legal conceptions as applied in judicial reasoning, ed. W.W. Cook (New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1919).
- Lingis, A. 2011. Truth in reconciliation. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 8(3). doi:10.1007/s11673-011-9306-2.
- Parkes, C.M., and H.G. Prigerson. 2010. Bereavement: Studies of grief in adult life, 4th edition. London and New York: Routledge.
- Scruton, R. 2010. The uses of pessimism: And the danger of false hope. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Shapiro, F.R. (ed.). 2006. The Yale book of quotations. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Discussing Difference and Dealing With Desolation and Despair
Journal of Bioethical Inquiry
Volume 8, Issue 4 , pp 315-317
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Palliative Care and Persistent Pain Services, Royal Hobart, Hospital, Southern Tasmania Area Health Service, and School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tasmania, 1st Floor, Peacock Building, Repatriation Centre, 90 Davey Street, Hobart, TAS 7000, Australia
- 2. Department of Health Sciences (Public Health), Armstrong Atlantic State University, 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA, 31419, USA