Nonvolatile Memories Using Quantum Dot (QD) Floating Gates Assembled on II–VI Tunnel Insulators
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper presents preliminary data on quantum dot gate nonvolatile memories using nearly lattice-matched ZnS/Zn0.95Mg0.05S/ZnS tunnel insulators. The GeO x -cladded Ge and SiO x -cladded Si quantum dots (QDs) are self-assembled site-specifically on the II–VI insulator grown epitaxially over the Si channel (formed between the source and drain region). The pseudomorphic II–VI stack serves both as a tunnel insulator and a high-κ dielectric. The effect of Mg incorporation in ZnMgS is also investigated. For the control gate insulator, we have used Si3N4 and SiO2 layers grown by plasma- enhanced chemical vapor deposition.
- Jain, FC, Suarez, E, Gogna, M, Alamoody, F, Butkiewicus, D, Hohner, R, Liaskas, T, Karmakar, S, Chan, P-Y, Miller, B, Chandy, J, Heller, E (2009) J. Cryst. Growth 38: pp. 1574
- S. Tiwari, F. Rana, K. Chan, H. Hanafi, W. Chan, and D. Buchanan, IEDM, 521 (1995).
- Velampati, R, Jain, FC (2007) NSTI Nanotech. Santa Clara, CA
- F. Al-amoody, E. Suarez, A. Rodriguez, E. Heller, J. Ayers, and F. Jain, Nanoelectronic Devices for Defense and Security Conference (Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2009).
- Hasaneen, E, Heller, E, Bansal, R, Jain, F (2004) Solid State Electron. 48: pp. 2055 CrossRef
- Taur, Y, Ning, T (2009) Modern VLSI Devices. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- R. Velampati, Quantum Dot Nonvolatile Memory: Modeling and Fabrication (PhD thesis, University of Connecticut, 2007).
- Parent, D, Rodriquez, A, Ayers, J, Jain, F (2001) J. Cryst. Growth 224: pp. 212 CrossRef
- F.C. Jain and F. Papadimitrakopoulos, US Patent 7,368,370 (2008).
- M. Gogna, S. Karmakar, F. Al-amoody, F. Papadimitrakopoulos, and F. Jain, Nanoelectronic Devices for Defense and Security Conference (Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2009).
- Nonvolatile Memories Using Quantum Dot (QD) Floating Gates Assembled on II–VI Tunnel Insulators
Journal of Electronic Materials
Volume 39, Issue 7 , pp 903-907
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- II–VI gate insulators
- nonvolatile memory
- quantum dot floating gate
- ZnS–ZnMgS gate insulator
- Industry Sectors